What's new

Wash World HV and 1st and 2nd pass soaps

fastlx

Reaction score
I have a WW HV and no matter what I try the 2nd soap always uses a lot more than the first soap. The first soap even has two passes on the front and rear of the vehicle. I can give more details if need but the small screw in offices are set to what Kleen rite said to use. Just wondering if this is normal. I use Simonize Kleen Trac 1B and Kleen Trac 2A. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Vic

Eric H

Reaction score
The ounces per car is just as important (or maybe MORE important) as dilution ratio.
I use volumetric testing to set how many ounces I apply to the car after setting to the recommended dilution. You can control the ounces per car by adjusting the speed of the pass.
You listed 1b first and 2a second, are you applying in this order, high ph then low ph? most people apply low then high.
Also, the Kleen-trac 1A contains ammonium bifloride. Please be aware that when you add water it becomes HydroChloric acid (HCI) and is as dangerous as HF. Someone please correct me if I an wrong about this.

fastlx

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

First pass is Kleen Trac 2A using a ( WAS ORANGE tip) now it is a PINK tip.

Second pass is Kleen Trac 1B using a White tip.

Both drums in the picture were brand new 9-22-2019. You can see the 1B drum is a lot lower than the 2A.

What is strange is that the first pass using 2A goes across the car in the front and the back twice.

Thanks again for any input.

Vic

Attachments

pgrzes

Reaction score
Pink tip is tiny, white tip is not. I am thinking you should probably be using a purple on your 1B. I cant remember what I was using while running kleen track. I believe pink or purple on both. I believe I was using a white tip on the powder tank. Also what size injectors? Are they both the same size? Each injector aside from the tip itself has an orifice size on it, first two should be the same.
These will get you closer in usage, but rarely will you be using the same amt of different chemicals. I would also recommend running some testing on your dilutions. Good Luck.

22MVR22

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses.

First pass is Kleen Trac 2A using a ( WAS ORANGE tip) now it is a PINK tip.

Second pass is Kleen Trac 1B using a White tip.

Both drums in the picture were brand new 9-22-2019. You can see the 1B drum is a lot lower than the 2A.

What is strange is that the first pass using 2A goes across the car in the front and the back twice.

Thanks again for any input.

Vic
I would also double check to make sure your 2nd soap valve is not stuck open or intermittently sticking open. And the relay that controls this valve isn't sticking closed, causing the valve to have constant power and to stay open. If it is, the chemical may be getting siphoned when other low pressure functions are in use. Which will drain that chemical faster.

fastlx

Reaction score
Thats a great idea. Thanks for the input. I'll check the soap valve and amount used per car this weekend.

Just for thought what would you recommend for usage ( in oz) for the Kleen Track 2A and Kleen Track 1B per car on the top wash?

Thanks again for all the great information.

Vic

Etowah