What's new

Warsaw vs Diamond Shine Chemicals

sparkey

Reaction score
I have a touchless automatic wash. I have 2 local chemical suppliers in my area that can service my chemical needs. They are diamond shine and warsaw. I have read the numerous posts on warsaw chemicals and most people seem to be happy with them. I don't see hardly any post on diamond shine chemicals, which is what I currently use. Am I the only one using diamond shine on this forum? I would like to hear from people who are familiar with both and get your opinions on which you like better. I think diamond shine chemicals cost a bit more, however I am more interested in getting the best wash for the buck for the customer. I currently use fresh-n-clean presoak, bead up drying agent for clearcoat protectant, sensations triplefoam conditioner, cherry foam for foaming brush, and hp soap, and I am about to add weatherguard.

sprocket

Reaction score
I have never used Diamond Shine but I have used Warsaw with very good results. I think that most chemicals are pretty good but the same chemical in the same machine can give 2 operators different results. I you are getting a good price and good service from at least 1 of your suppliers I would work with them as much as possible. If your automatic is a touchless don't expect perfect results,when an operator or a chemical supplier tells you they clean a car perfectly its like George Bush Sr. telling you he won't raise taxes or Bill
[ I walk on water] Clinton saying I did not have sexual relations with that woman. You just can't believe everything your told! If you find something that works I would stick with it. If some one ever makes the perfect chemical I'm sure George or Bill will plug it. Just my thought.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Both are good lines. If both distributors provide good service why not use the product line that gives you the best performance at the best use cost?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
No experience with diamond shine here. Warsaw has in the past got ragged on by some distributors. They imply the line is "cheap" and substandard in some way. Some distributors are frustrated that Warsaw (at least in the past) would sell direct at discounted pricing to high volume operators. Doing the math I find that warsaw has a solid line that has a generally lower cost per car than other lines. It's not always THE lowest, but it's going to more economical that most other brands. Warsaw also sells product and private labels to some pretty high volume operators who are well respected. Warsaw is my main chemical supplier, supplying about 75% of my chemical needs but I am open minded and always looking for a better product.

I would recommend you try both lines and see if you have a preference. Don't rely on reps for your cost per car analysis. Mark the containers and check it for yourself.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
If you don't trust your distributors to do the calculation there is a relatively simple cost per car procedure if you want to do it yourself. PM me and I will send it to you.

wasiknator

Mike W
Reaction score
Diamond Shine

I have been using Diamond Shine, very happy with the product and distributor. Use two step with Assault/Cleantech for IBA. Trying two different clearcoats, WeatherTech and Guardian.

Pleased with SS as well. Like the bead up. Tried scotch plaid, but did not seem to clean as well.

ScottV

Upstate NY
Reaction score
I had CSI / Lustra products at my locations, then the chemical guy left my distributor and went to work for Diamond Shine. I let him in one of my sites and was impressed with the results. I'm using Assault / Clean Tech as presoaks, Bead Up drying agent, Sensations for 3X foam, and Weather guard. Cost per car was much less than CSI and this chemical tech / sales guy is a valuable asset to have. He's at my wash monthly, checking chemicals, water hardness, TDS, titrations, etc. He'll even fix a plugged solenoid or make minor repairs to the softeners if they need it. His replacement at the CSI distributor wasnt interested in getting his hands dirty. His opinion was why do repairs, when he can call in a service tech and bill for it.

I believe that there are many factors that go into a chemical decision. Cost per car is obviously one of them. But I'm also interested in great service from the chemical tech / sales guy, free shipping, In equipment room delivery of chemicals, clean cars, and constant updating / monitoring of my wash results.

Simoniz recently bought out the PDQ distributor in upstate NY who sold the CSI brand. So now they are working hard to get in on my 3 sites, and I see some value in having competition between the brands. All of the above factors will go into my decision and I'll arrive at a common chemical platform for my sites. It will be between Simoniz and Diamond Shine.