What's new

Vender bingo

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
We are going to try vender bingo by putting a token with every 5th item in the vender columns. With a glass front vender, should the tokens be visible on the front of the product or should they be attached to the back of the product?

BayWatch

Jedi apprentice
Reaction score
Well if you want it to be random and a surprise, then I say put it on the back of the item so the customer doesnt know before they purchase the item. If the customer knows the odds also, they be more inclined to purchase a 2nd or 3rd item. For example, they want need a towel, then they may think they could use two of them, instead of trying to use just one, increasing their odds of getting the token. They may not need multiple air fresheners, but I would think this could be applied to most vending products like AA pads, etc.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Ric

I hide the tokens except on my $5 shamwows. I post the odds on a sign right next to the vendor. People love it! I always explain it to the kids and then they stand there and beg their parents to buy more product. It's a win win. With proper marketing, you will be pleased with the results.

starion

7SS 2IBA
Reaction score
I really like this idea. I ran it by our attorney who said "absolutely not". I am still waiting for an answer as to exactly why other than "the state would consider it gambling because it requires a purchase to win something".

Our idea was to use an old soda vending trick which is to tape a $1 or $5 to a random can or cans of pop in the soda machine, then advertise the fact.

So, my thought would be, is it considered gambling if you "win" a cash prize vs. a car wash product prize, or coupon for the automatic?

Just trying to drum up more business, not promote someone's gambling addiction...

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Your lawyer might be right. In WA you can not hold a drawing at your booth at the county fair, because you are enticing them to "maybe" purchase. Just another law the take care of people too stupid to know that if they sign up for the drawing, that you might get a phone call about their service/product.

That being said, I'd do it anyway, I think that if someone turned you in, that you'd be lucky to get your hand slapped.