What's new

Vacuums

Westridgewaterworks

Reaction score
Got the worst mess out of my vac Some SOB used 4 vacs to clean out shipping peanuts What a mess filled the vac to the top 2 hrs later and alot of @%$#@ clean the second I opened up to clean the wind got them off to the races.

mac

Reaction score
Those freaking packing peanuts are one of the most horrible things ever inflicted on mankind. I hate them. You can't look at them without some taking flight.

raisetheprice

Reaction score
I'm giving serious thought to raising my vacuums to $2 to for 3 minutes. If I'm going to have to clean up after some A$$hole, their gonna pay me. I don't care anymore, I'm tired of being in the trash business.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use claws which I fix permanently to the hose so the customers can't unscrew them and vacuum up stuff like that. It also puts an end to towels, socks and underwear clogging the hoses.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
Oh what I wouldn't have given for a bunch of packing peanuts to clean up back in the summer. With temps in the 90s I had a vac crawling with maggots. Those things were everywhere, even in the money. I opened it up to find the tub completely full of maggot soup. It took me several hours to clean that mess up, then I had to go home and take a shower and it wasn't even Saturday.

Oh, and BTW they left the dead opossum in the trash can for me.

scott

Reaction score
just a thought- I've got a handheld stihl leaf blower (gas), with a conversion kit to make it a leaf vacuum- it makes short work of packing peanuts and paper trash- really handy thing to have around..
prolly not much good on the possum maggots, however..

Jim Caudill

Self Serve Operator
Reaction score
I had one of those customers, but I almost felt sorry for him. Nice kid, just had a birthday, and apparently his friends thought it would be a hoot to fill his car with those packing peanuts! What a mess, clogging the vac's, blowing all over the lot, etc. I stopped him and tried to help by using my trash cans and plastic bag liners. He finally left with peanuts still under the seats and in every nook and cranny; I was picking peanuts up weeks later.