What's new

Vacuum Dueller

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
This is the unit where you attach 2 hoses. One with a standard nozzle and one with a crevice tool.

Anyone have them?

Opinions on whether it's worth the cost?

Red Baron

Reaction score
I have one - want it? :)

I wouldn't do it again, but I probably won't remove it now that I've done it either. People don't know what it is (bigger signs would help) and as often as not, pick up the wrong hose, don't see the Dueller, and think the vac doesn't work. Also, the smaller hose on the crevice tool plugs easily and often. Also, aothough it's not a very complex item, there werer virtually no instructions offering advice on how to attach the hoses. The smaller fitting seems to be a nonstandard size and I have to cram the vac hose in with a screwdriver. It seems to be designed for the hoses to go on the outside of the 2 fittings but there isn't enough clearance between them to get both hoses on.

I think it's a poor design.

easywash

Reaction score
I bought one to try it out.

I have a JE Adams with Fragrence, Shampoo and Vac.

When you add the additional hose we found the hoses were hard to hang up and they were always getting tangled up.

Mitch

Reaction score
Is this the crevice tool vac that is about 10 inches in diameter and has no coin mech or timer? They want you to put a toggle switch between it and another vac. I like the idea of a crevice tool vac, but this approach seems crazy to me. Why not put the tool on an existing poor performing vac and promote it? Might even get by with an extra quarter per cycle.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Is this the crevice tool vac that is about 10 inches in diameter and has no coin mech or timer? They want you to put a toggle switch between it and another vac. I like the idea of a crevice tool vac, but this approach seems crazy to me. Why not put the tool on an existing poor performing vac and promote it? Might even get by with an extra quarter per cycle.

No, it is a type of gate valve with 2 openings that attaches to your vac suction outlet. Pull the valve one way and it does the regular hose . Pull it the other way and it does the hose with the crevice tool. You can set it up with one red and one blue hose. Then if your islands have 2 vacs facing opposing sides the regular hose hanger says "Hang Red Hose here" and on the back of the other vac you put a second hanger and it says "Hang Blue Hose Here" at least that was the set up I saw. Interesting, but I wonder if it really was a customer draw or $ maker.

coincarwash.ca

Washin cars in the GTA
Reaction score
I have them on all my stand alone vacs (Not the shampoo or fragrance)
They are excellent.....my customers figure it out very fast and end up spending extra money. The hose goes inside the holders...not outside. It's tight getting the 1 1/2" hose in, but it will not come out very easy. The 2' hose needs a little clear hockey tape wraped around it to make it tight. I first installed only two of them and my customers would go to the dually vacs over the regular ones.....this prooves they are loved by the customers. I have the regular claw on the 2" and the orange crevice tool on the 1 1/2".
I had to get a small 5 or 6 " pipe made at a muffler shop to fit the dually in my vacs.....but it works great.

Mitch

Reaction score
I guess that I missed seeing the dueller at the show. Who makes it? Can't Google it. I liked the small stand alone unit that I did see, but it needs a mech and timer; especially for the price ($1,100!).

bigleo48

Reaction score
needs a little clear hockey tape
:D How about those Leafs? There should be a consolation round between the Leafs & Sens to make this spring more interesting :) Sorry...of topic

My 2 cents, I'm sick of constantly picking up hoses and so I don't want to deal with more of them. My Vac/Shampoo/Fragrance machine drives me nuts every time I need to untangle the whole mess :(

BigLeo

Mitch

Reaction score
Thanks for the link. I gained some interest in crevice vacuuming from the unit I saw at the show, and I did not know the dualer existed. I think I am going to convert one of my least used vacs to a crevice tool only, increase the start-up a quarter and see what happens. I will promote it while I am there, but my people are fairly resourceful and will figure it out (maybe). This way, I am likely to increase revenue from an underperforming vac with a small investment. If it flies, I will let you know. Thanks again, you guys are great.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Ordered a couple with hoses and decals. Will monitor customer. reception before getting more.

JJJakubowski

Reaction score
Here is the original Dualer with its inventor, Gary Baright. He's a very innovative operator who first developed these jazzy units for his Foam & Wash locations in upstate New York. I believe Gary first put 'em online about 7 years ago.

JJJ/SSCWN
-----------------------
The Poster Formerly Known

Attachments

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Now that was a lot of work, figuring all of that out and executing the end produvt, very nice.

Red Baron

Reaction score
If that photo were included with the Dueller it would make installation a lot easier. I had to figure the hose attachment out on my own, and arrived at the same method in the photo above, but a simple photo or illustration in the box would be groovy.

And just to add to that, little bitty things say things to the more anal among us - like making the hose clamp screws both resting in the same position and pointing the same direction, unless there is an access consideration. I developed that annoying habit by following how airplanes are judged at airshows. I don't always do it myself but when I notice a manufacturer has done that, I know he pays attention to detail.

Last edited: