What's new

Vacuum and Tire Shine system

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody has converted their fragrance system into a tire shine system? the gun is already there why not just change some signage, toggle switches and chemicals or is it more hassle then it's worth? reason is I was looking at the numbers for useage with the fragrance and it's not being used alot so I threw this idea out here.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Have a tire shine Machine i know longer use. It was made by "Effex" . I think they made the Magic Mist Air Fresheners. Same Principle but had a pushbutton on gun and 24 V solenoid on solution suply line in machine. Air and solution hose went inside main hose and gun had venturi.

i think you really need pushbutton to conserve solution and make sure it does not go all over. Stopped using it for 2 reasons. Runoff made a mess in Vac area which would get very dirty and people would step in dirty slime and get it inside the car. seemed to have a lot of issues with push button switch and timer of this unit. The latter issues perhaps could have been solved with better equip but the mess issues made me decide to let it go after a few years.

Randy

Reaction score
I?d never do it. There was a car wash here that once had Armorall spray machine. It was the one of the worse things I ever saw at a car wash. What a mess on the pavement and very slippery when wet.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
too messy i think.

sell em Black Jack. That stuff is:D da bomb!

DiamondWash

Reaction score
The unit that Blendco sells has a applicator pad on the end the the gun what if you change the gun to that style to minimize messes also the over spray issue would be eliminated, I don't know how many times I have taken apart or rebuilt equipment and make slight changes to it only to make it work better and wonder if I could sell/show the idea or change to the original mfg company as a potential new or updated product.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
good to know! I was talking about the sponge. Customers love it.

washboy

work in progress
Reaction score
I was thinking of doing the same but as everyone has said what a mess. When I had my detail shop the guys would spary on tire shine and ruin a great job with shine overspray.