What's new

Vac Island Car Door Protector

Red Baron

Reaction score
Where can I find the rubber guards that bolt to the sides of the vac island to protect the customer's car door?

Also, do you think vacs should face the side of the vac island, or the rear and front? I'm building a new vac island - any hints?

MEP001

Reaction score
I've seen "homemade" bumpers made with rubber molding used on 18-wheelers. It's cheap, incredibly durable and looks nice. He secured it by running an aluminum strip through it and anchoring it with the blue concrete screws through a small hole drilled in the rubber. I've got a phone call in to him, he said he'll get me the info and some pics.

Our front vacs face away from the bays. It's mostly not a problem, but a few not-so-smart people think they have to pull up to the front of the vac and block the entrance to two bays. If the islands were long enough, I'd put two vacs on them, one facing to each side.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Where can I find the rubber guards that bolt to the sides of the vac island to protect the customer's car door?

Also, do you think vacs should face the side of the vac island, or the rear and front? I'm building a new vac island - any hints?
Depending on spacing etc. and if you are thinking of combo vacs I actualy had them face each other so either side could access either unit. Also helpful if one of the two is out of service.

bigleo48

Reaction score
I use dock fender strips. Find it at any boat shop and available in different colors.

Big

borumrm

TN D&S 5000's
Reaction score
Hey Bubbles...was on your blog nosing around and saw where you ran a special....it confused me a bit...

Discount #2 ? We are offering our car wash tokens at a discount rate of $30 for the month of June. We give you 25 tokens for the price of 30. That?s a pretty sweet deal if I say so myself. These are perfect for the on the go grad that might be washing in the ?off? hours.

Now....this just doesn;t seem like a deal to me....how did you make out on it?

Nice Blog by the way...enjoyed reading it.:)