What's new

Used WashWorld High Velocity

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
I have been approached about purchasing a used High Velocity machine. It was new in 2008 and has around 60,000 washes on it. There are a few things that I will have to have added like 3x foam, but it seems to be nicely equipped. I would like to know from some of you that have this machine, what your thoughts are on something with that amount of washes on it. Am I looking at something that is worn out, or is there still 10 years of life left in this thing? I also wanted to get everyone's opinion on stocking replacement parts. What are the typical problem points in this machine and how often are you making repairs or replacements? I would love to get a new machine like the Razor, but this seems to be a far better deal when comparing price points as long as I can get some good years to make it payback. Any thoughts or opinions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Lighthouse.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Alot of variables to get another 10yrs. If you plan to do 15-20K a year, not sure how many IBA's can do 260K. Also what is the price installed vs new installed. If the loan isn't that much different it may pay to buy new. Also your accountant can help with write off on depreciation, and how it will affect your
taxes. Also what the usual cost per year for maintenance for the machine, vs the two or 3 year period when new and less breakdowns. I would have to guess that the latest model may have some advances that make it more trouble free also. I have a vector, and the new models threw away half the troublesome parts, so i would rather get a new one in this case, than the one i own. If it is going to be a real busy machine -breakdowns- or days down may make new look more attractive or cost effective also.

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
My current IBA does around 7K cars/year. I don't have any features like super sealant, 3x foam, or a dryer. I really think the my IBA is hurting my business more than it is helping. But, it is really hard to justify the $100K price tag of a new machine if I can't make it pay for itself. I will for sure raise my prices across the board, but how can I possibly calculate how many more customers I will drive to the wash by having these features and a better wash. If I go with the used machine, I have less risk because if I don't raise my wash count by a single car, then I can still make the same amount of profit and the increase in price will cover the equipment payment. Hope that makes sense. I'm really just looking for any advice on buying a used machine and anything on the HV that I should really check out before buying. I'm sure, like everything, that there are problem spots that should be addressed.

Thanks,
Lighthouse.

Ric

Cantree Member
Reaction score
I have a High Velocity installed late in 2005. It has served me well and I expect to see many more years out of it. Tires are our biggest maintenance headache but we have found some solid tires that work well in all but the coldest of weather. If properly installed it should serve you well. Plus WashWorld's tech support is top notch.