What's new

Used and loaded Laserwash 4000 should i?

Etowah

Martins

Reaction score
Hey All,

Next step in my renovation of my wash is getting the old broken down IBA ripped out. (in progress) busting up the concrete Gide rails etc. my question for those that have them/know about them is should i pull the trigger on a used laser 4000 fully loaded. reason being currently my iba is a full gut. i don't have 200+ k to buy the Petit like i want and im dumping alot into the rest of the reno as is. SO, my thought was go with a used machine for a year or 2 hopefully (depending on sales) and then upgrade.

My tech that i use for the big stuff (the one that installed my new coin boxes and such i think hes on here as well) offered to sell me and install one he has. would come with everything fully loaded with pay station all eq, new sensors etc.

My concern is from the research ive seen its like they are being phased out. so am i going to have problems if anything major happens or do i still have a few years before any major issues with parts arise?

I really want to get everything working at the wash so it can be 100% operational to maximize its income. Thoughts, concerns? etc?

thanks

Ive also attached some pics of my iba. if anyone needs anything from it let me know and come and get it! haha this is what im currently working with... :(

Attachments

MEP001

Reaction score
There are still a lot of Laser 4000s out there, so the parts should be available for some time. There are certainly plenty of used machines you could buy for parts too. I used to drive by a distributor that had about an acre of old units out in a field stacked three high.

Undertaker II

Reaction score
I'm not opposed to putting in a used machine but I would look for something a little newer. There are lots of 6-7 year old 360's and others out there that you would be much happier with. Kevin

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think by the time you buy the machine, rehab the bay, buy and install a pay station,, and have the whole thing installed wired and plumbed, you're going to be pretty close to the price of a brand new machine.

I would run the numbers. Create some cash flow projections. create a scenario for good better and best sales results. See if a new machine is feasible.

I didn't have the big chunk of money it took to buy a new washworld razor. I didn't need to have it because the bank did. I refinanced my existing mortgage at the same time because rates were so low. my new monthly payment, including a new razor, is lower than my old monthly payment before my refinance.

You say you want to use the machine for a year or two. That will go by in the blink of an eye. Then you will be wanting to install that new machine.

because of the nature of the car wash business, I think it takes about 10 years for the equipment to be in need of major repairs or replacement, especially a touch free wash. I kept my first machine 15 years and that was about five years too long.

touchless installer

Reaction score
I would really look at the numbers in my opinion when you look at 200000$ and the rate at which to borrow. the best option is to up grade now and reap the benefits for the next 5-7 years. the difference to a 360+ and 4000 are leaps and bounds when it comes to speed and options.
upgrade, rise cost add a few options like overglow or ceramic and sales will rise. and you will be happy you didn't pay to install an old machine then pay to remove and install the upgrade. there is not a lot to save between a 4000 and any of the newer machine as per how they are plumbed and wired. so install cost will be high both ways.

anyway things to consider good luck and remember invest in the best or settle for the rest.