What's new

Unitec WS upgrade options

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
As much as I am on this forum, Facebook forums, read SSCWN etc I feel like I still manage to miss out on various aftermarket upgrades. We currently use dial-up modem‘s on our Wash Selects for various reasons. I am obviously aware of the Unitec upgrades as well as Nayax, which I have purchased but not installed because I’m not confindent in the reliability or user friendliness . What other options are there? I know Cryptopay makes a kit but people have had various issues with it, such as not accepting particular cards or charging people when the wash is out of service. I just heard of someone using a company called Windcave for tap and pay/chip enabled cards on their WS, I’ve never heard of that. Are there any other options people have happily implemented?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I’m aware of the Hamilton issues too. I have my share of ACW’s.

As much as I would love two new Pay stations I’m not really interested in dropping $50k+ just to continue accepting people's cash and CC payments. I would gain touchless payments such as apple Pay/Android pay but at a quite an expense not to mention, installation headaches. Swapping in a new pay station comes with its own problems. And please don't suggest the unlimited plan capability of new paystations, that's not what we're looking to embrace.

soonermajic

Reaction score
I’m aware of the Hamilton issues too. I have my share of ACW’s.

As much as I would love two new Pay stations I’m not really interested in dropping $50k+ just to continue accepting people's cash and CC payments. I would gain touchless payments such as apple Pay/Android pay but at a quite an expense not to mention, installation headaches. Swapping in a new pay station comes with its own problems. And please don't suggest the unlimited plan capability of new paystations, that's not what we're looking to embrace.
Yep, pretty much agree with everything you said. There is no "by far best " out there...like Mei for bill changers.