What's new

Unitec WS and MDB Nayax

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
I haven't gotten around to it yet but I need to upgrade my WSII credit card system. We're currently using the dial up modems but they're occasionally temperamental as is our phone service. There was a thread a while ago in which a WSII was converted to a Nayax card reader but it used an in-between circuit board to make the Nayax work with the cashier using pulses. I was told by someone else that they Nayax ought to work directly with the WS so long as their MDB was Level4 or above. Does anyone know what level MDB the WSII is using? Has anyone added a Nayax VPOS directly to their WS using MDB?

tdlconceptsllc

Reaction score
Mike Loe in NC has this system and is well informed about it I have forgot his user name but have his direct cell number.

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Mike Loe in NC has this system and is well informed about it I have forgot his user name but have his direct cell number.
Is Mike Loe " MANLO"?

If so, thats the thread where he and a programmer came out with the circuit board.

That'll be the route I go if it in fact can't be hooked up via MDB. My validator is hooked up via MDB rather than pulse.

APW

Reaction score
Unitec also makes an upgraded chip reader for the Wash Selects now.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I'm looking for an update. So whats the take home on the Nayax as a payment solution for the wash Select II? I've seen a thread complaining about the reliability of the NAYAX readers . Anyone got something to say, good or bad?

GoBuckeyes

Reaction score
Well, I purchased two Nayax VPOS along with two of the MDB boards back in October and have yet to install them for several reasons. I have them hooked up on a bench because I wanted to test them and make sure they worked as described. They’re still on the bench because I’m afraid they’re going to cause me a bunch of grief. The issue I have is twofold....first, when a customer buys a wash their card is charged/authorized for the top wash amount. Even if they choose the desired wash first, the card is still authorized for the top wash amount and it takes all of two days to show the actual charged amount. The second issue I have is that the charge appears on their statement as ‘vending purchase’. I am processing through Nayax and therefore I am told there is no way of having my wash identified on the statement because Nayax is the merchants customer not me. I could set up my own merchant account, bypassing Nayax, but the processing cost is prohibitive. Had I known all of this I’m not sure I would have bought these units/boards.

RSF

Reaction score
I know this is old thread, but Is their a setup to use with Sentinels? I plan on using pulse unit in my self serve bays

Bob Koo

Reaction score
I'm looking for an update. So whats the take home on the Nayax as a payment solution for the wash Select II? I've seen a thread complaining about the reliability of the NAYAX readers . Anyone got something to say, good or bad?
Greg,
I've had the Nayax's going on two years now on our Wash SelectII's. They are running with boards we purchased through Mike Lowe. Clearing time is atleast twice as fast as the old techology from Unitec, plus the multitude of acceptance methods: mag swipe, chip reader, tap, apple or google pay. Once the customers figured them out, it's about as fast as the customer pushing a button to select a wash package. Also, the voice prompts are a nice feature for the customer to provide them with feedback with a feedback on their card approval.
My only negative comment would be they can be hard to read if in direct sunlight and a shade cover could help. I've only replace one unit in two years but that was one used in a Self Service bay that got into a fight with a customer. The Nayax actual won and the customer had cut knuckles from punching straight on, but the Nayax was no match for being knifed with a 6" blade. Nayax sent me a fully refurbished unit for $90 plus shipping, which was very responsive and inexpensive.

CWS

Reaction score
I am using Nayax VPOS with the interface board and it works great. In fact we have taken over for Mike and now represent the boards and have plenty in stock. Contact me for assistance