What's new

Unitec DRB Portal TI

peaches

Reaction score
I posted back in February, asking if anyone used Wash Card with the DRB Portal TI. I never got a response from anyone. I did go ahead and purchase two of these portals and was thrilled when I received them. Prior to these portals, we were using the Unitec Wash Select II with Wash Card. I talked to Wash Card prior to purchasing the new portals and they assured me that their equipment works fine with the TI portal. However, I found out very quickly that we are unable to utilize any of the services that the portal has to offer, such as wash codes. The Wash Select II allowed us to print out codes for fundraisers, special events or just giving fee washes away. Evidently, when you use Wash Card with these portals, all of those features are unavailable. Yes, we still take tokens and we are unable to do that now either. I tried to do my homework before I purchased these machines but I failed. They are great machines but I think I need to cut ties with Wash Card.

DiamondWash

Reaction score
I too have WashCard and just recently installed 2 Unitec Portals Ti's and yes it is VERY frustrating that the 2 functions on the Portal "Accounts, Promotions" are greyed out, being I have WashCard on all of my equipment speaks volumes of my commitment to that company. When you put the Unitec/DRB Portals into "external" mode it doesn't matter what 3rd party equipment you have hooked up those 2 features are disabled unfortunately I was told from tech services at Unitec/DRB. But yes that functionality needs to work regardless what mode, 3rd party equipment you have, because at the price we paid for them I "need" those features and these companies to work together.

peaches

Reaction score
It's now been over a month and I still haven't made a decision regarding WashCard. My distributor stopped by both WashCard and Unitec booths at the car wash show bud didn't get any information that would help us.