What's new

Unitec Break-In DFW, Texas

toxc107

Reaction score
We suffered a break-in on Sunday, 9/13/09 at 4:45 pm. The suspect cased the location, then placed tape over one camera while he gutted our WSII through the coin cup. He worked on the machine for 30 minutes from the comfort of his vehicle. Unfortunately we were not able to get a clean license plate shot but we were able to get a shot of his vehicle and a shot of his face. Total vandalism damage is at $3,409.93. Total amount of theft was $0.00. We emptied the machine Saturday night and as you can tell by the wet ground it was raining Sunday.

gsgriffin

Reaction score
thanks for posting this. i also had a break in/vandelism at a DFW wash on 9/6 or 9/7. Unfortunately, I cannot find a decent image on the cameras I have. The breakin at my wash involved drilling an american lock on my changer guard, then drilling two holes through the medco lock that secures the changer door. I lost about $285 in cash, plus the machine damage.

Griffin

Jeff_L

Reaction score
That just plain sucks. Seems you typically lose more on the repairs than you do on the actual cash loss. Don't those thieves realize that we keep as little money on on the ground as possible? Especially in this economy!

I've seen a guy recently on my cameras at 1:30am going through the bays with a flashlight looking for any loose change. How long before he get's tired of finding a nickel and a couple of pennies? I'm afraid he'll come back with a drill sometime! At least I have some good footage of him saved in case he does get tired and decides to go for the loot!

wash free or die

Reaction score
He ought to be pretty easy to find with that hairdo!

Can you tell us what part of DFW? Criminals tend to work close to home.