What's new

Unitec auto cashiers

rgcarwash

Reaction score
I have 4 Unitec auto cashiers. I keep having problems with the change return shutes getting plugged. What have any of you done to fix this? Thank you

DavidM

Reaction score
WashSelect 2? If you have the chute that the coin slides flat, they have a retrofit that allows the coins to roll instead. That has been more reliable for us. If you have the older style, clean that chute really well. Take it apart, get a good cleaner and scrub it. You can also apply a lubricant, like a dry graphite lube. Some lubes will cause dirt to stick and the problem comes back more quickly.

David

rgcarwash

Reaction score
I have the chutes that allow the quarter to roll. Ha, I complained to Unitec and their solution was sending me the chutes the send the coins flat. That box went to the dumpster shortly after opening it. Thank you

DavidM

Reaction score
Is it jamming at the end of the chute? It could get bent and sometimes prevent the coins from falling. Are you dispensing quarters or dollar coins?

David

rgcarwash

Reaction score
I am dispensing quarters. They are getting jammed at the end of the chute, I believe. I will check that out. Maybe it needs an adjustment, if possible. Thank you

allamerican

Reaction score
Same as Greg said, tilt the hopper, I also took the chute off and drilled the holes just a bit larger to give it a little adjustment so the chute could be dropped a 1/16 of an inch. I also polished the chute with a Dremel tool, this was 6 months ago and so far so good.

soonermajic

Reaction score
If everyone has this same problem, then it's Unitec R&D fault. Surely they can come up with an easy fix...

JAGraff

Reaction score
WashSelect 2? If you have the chute that the coin slides flat, they have a retrofit that allows the coins to roll instead. That has been more reliable for us. If you have the older style, clean that chute really well. Take it apart, get a good cleaner and scrub it. You can also apply a lubricant, like a dry graphite lube. Some lubes will cause dirt to stick and the problem comes back more quickly.

David
I work for Unitec, and this is correct. With this part, the coins roll out on the edge and not slide out on their face and jam on the chute. If you are interested, please contact your distributor. -- Julie Graff, Unitec