What's new

Typical BALLPARK estimate of IBA install

soonermajic

Reaction score
Would you giys say a rough avg, not including electric/umbing, would be $9---$11,000?
I just got a quote for $17,000 for a 5 brush friction.
My SoftGloss was only $10,000

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I just paid around 16500 I think for an istobal install. It was a two man crew and they started installing Tuesday morning and left Sunday at Lunchtime. They worked long days too.

Ryko must have it down to a science. A decade or so ago it was 10K for water wizards.

OurTown

Reaction score
Maybe the $10K install cost on Sooner's Ryko was part of that special he got it for.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
If your buying a new unit I would definitely work that into the package price for the unit whichever manufacturer it is. I did back in 2015 when I purchased my Softgloss Maxx. Also if you have an existing IBA I would tear it out, assuming your scrapping it, that way at the negotiating table you can say you did half the work already.....they just have to come install their machine.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
A lot of companies charge an extra 1500.00 for tear out. And that is literally tear it out and throw in the dumpster. No extra time is allotted for careful removal of the old auto. I wanted to salvage some parts off mine so my brother and I helped with removal so they could get it done in the allotted time. Also, forklift rental for the site may or may not be included. On board dryers vs stand alones can change the price. Those are a few variables I can think of.

soonermajic

Reaction score
Stand alone make it more expensive? If so, why? Just more time...?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Stand alone make it more expensive? If so, why? Just more time...?
Possibly depending on installer. On board is going to require running the heavy SO cord to the gantry and that is pretty much all. Stand alone will take a few hours to assemble on site.

carwashireland

Reaction score
We would typically be 10 -12% of the purchase price for the install fee. A 3 x brush Istobal would take our 2 x men 3 long days. Tear out about 1/2 a day!

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
The 10-12% cost would be on a new machine. Installing a used or reconditioned unit can vary greatly depending on how much work is involved. The same goes for tear out and as was mentioned if the old unit is being junked or usable parts saved. Try to get an itemized description to make sure you are getting what you paid for.

Etowah