What's new

Tunnel Watch Error

wood

Reaction score
One of our two Tunnel Watch keypads stills has power to it, but no buttons or drawer interface to open.

On the main screen in the office on lower right corner it says "Terminal Error 101". When we look in the book it states wiring problem.

Any Idea what to troubleshoot? I understand I might need an electrician, but any feedback to relay to him reduces the electrician's time ($).

Thanks,
Wood

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
The first thing you should check are the power supplies that operate the keypads. Each key pad should have its own power supply. They are a wall type transformer and plug into the rear of your CPU. Sometimes they get weak and even though it looks like you have power at the keypad, there is not enough amperage to operate the keypad correctly. The other thing that fails is the cable that goes from the keypad, to the terminal at the end of the wire that connects it to the CPU. It looks like a telephone plug on one end and plugs into the terminal at the other end. Make sure there is no corrosion or damage to the telephone style connector. Those are the most common problems, if those don't work, send me a PM with your phone # and I will try to help you out.

Camp4042

Reaction score
Replace the keypad controller wire end

I had this same problem. The keypad controller wire has a telephone cord end and after heavy use it becomes loose. I cut the old end off and replaced it with a new one and the problem was fixed. All the hardware stores sell the ends and the tool to crimp the new ends on.

wood

Reaction score
Yes, we got it working. The cable from keypad to terminal was bad.

Washmee, I appreciate the troubleshoot advice. When the forum works, it works well!

Wood

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
Yes, we got it working. The cable from keypad to terminal was bad.

Washmee, I appreciate the troubleshoot advice. When the forum works, it works well!

Wood
Thats why I love this place!:)