What's new

tubing

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I'm going to replace the hose to my triple foam and foam brush before winter starts. KR has a lot of choices. Any suggestions as to which is the best type or brand to use?
Thanks

Randy

Reaction score
Are you experiencing problems with the hose that is installed now? If it isn?t broke don?t fix it.

jeffs

Reaction score
this week I have replaced 2 carwashes clear cote tubing because it was kleen-rite. I dont know if it was a bad production or the chemical. 5 years ago I made a discision to use parker tubing only because they have quality control. cheap imports have cost me more in the long haul. I spend alot with kleen-rite 40-50 grand a year but this is the only product I feel is bad. I also use only black because it is the only one with a uv rating all of my hoses are in a duct

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
About three years ago there was some problems with some brands of clear tubing. I believe that there was an issue of faulty production or a change in the quality specs. As far as I know the existing stock was recalled and in some cases the tubing was replaced without charge. Unfortunately it would probably be hard if not to impossible to trace now.

MEP001

Reaction score
You can get Mazzer nylon tubing from mdmetric.com - it's far better than the John Guest poly tubing from Kleen-Rite, and the black has total resistance to UV breakdown as well as 250 psi working pressure. All clear tubing will degrade from sunlight.

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
In one part you said Tubing and in another you said Hose. Are you referring to the Tube from the equip room to the bay or the hose from the Boom to the end?

I ask because I started with low pressure hose for the foam brush in the bay and went to 3000psi hose now from Sonny's (Tried National pride but their swaged end di not fit thru the boom but Sonny's does) becuse the high pressure hose does not kink which will stop the weep and lead to freeze ups.

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I'm speaking of the hose from the boom to the foam brush anf tf. The Goodyear looks the most like what I have now. Anybody have any problems with it? What is the most efficient way to keep the hose from crimping where it attaches to the fb?
Thanks

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
I'm speaking of the hose from the boom to the foam brush anf tf. The Goodyear looks the most like what I have now. Anybody have any problems with it? What is the most efficient way to keep the hose from crimping where it attaches to the fb?
Thanks
On page 464 of the KR catalog is a "Hose Guard" in 3 sizes, (About $1.25)which covers the hose at the Brush handle and reduces kinking.

For the future you may want to just consider the heavier hose. KR sells a 15' FB hose with swivel end and hose guard for $12.45 (Page 250) The wire braid 15' hose with a swivel end is $16.90 (Page 464). I think the heavier duty hose is well worth the money. Of course you could go with the heavier hose and a Hose Guard as well.

Kevin Reilly

self serve carwashes
Reaction score
You might also add a street 45 degree behind the swivel that attaches to the hose. When the customer has the foam brush in his hands the hose attached will be hanging at 45 degrees instead of straight out of the brush handle. This will save a lot of wear and tear.

MEP001

Reaction score
I use GoodYear InstaGrip (Their version of the Parker Push-Lok hose) for the foam brush and triple foam hoses. It lasts many years and doesn't kink as long as you use a bend restrictor. I've had it last so long that the bend restrictors wear out before the hose. It doesn't kink or get stiff in the winter. It's expensive, but it's worth it.

Etowah

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
You might also add a street 45 degree behind the swivel that attaches to the hose. When the customer has the foam brush in his hands the hose attached will be hanging at 45 degrees instead of straight out of the brush handle. This will save a lot of wear and tear.
Almost forgot. When i took over some of my D &S booms have a giant spring like thing on the end. Some were wissing and hoses wore out where they exit the boom. I have since made sure they are all in place.