What's new

Tub Dimensions & System Changes

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Can anyone toss out some dimensions on the tub that they are using? I was thinking about fabricating up my own tub, but wasn't sure about the specific dimensions.

Those of you that are current owners of an "out of the box" solution, is there anything you would change about the tub? Anything about the system that doesn't make sense? The chemicals are injected through a siphoning unit, correct? Are there things that can be improved upon?

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Bubbles,

My tub sizes are 48" by 30" depth. I did see a huge St. Bernard at a animal supply store that I suggested during a visit could be brought to us but might be more comfortably washed on the floor. It will be interesting if she takes me up on it. It seems like there would be no real problem.

So far in our less than 3 week old pet wash we have seen mostly larger & medium size dogs. Quite often they bring in more than 1 dog & more than 1 person.

If you have someone fabricate your tubs you may want to see other similar work they have done. Make sure it is something within both of your ranges ---- as I found out 14 gauge stainless has significantly increased in cost.

Mike

bigleo48

Reaction score
Bubbles...I have the Kleenrite size tub (forget the size), but I regularly wash St-Bernards, Newfies and Burmese Mountain Dogs. So my tub size is ideal. We mostly wash bigger dogs, but at times smaller ones in pairs.

We recently got a big dog as our family pet and so I finally got to use it like a customer and I must say it works really well. I made some changes to the dryer nozzle as I felt is was too strong (restrictive), but that's about it.

A buddy of mine considered building one out of plastic with a hydraulic lift, but gave up on the idea as it got too complicated. He was also concerned that the dogs would chew the tub.

My chems are injected via siphon and that works ok.

The biggest issues with these is proper install. You want it easy to clean, well ventilated/heated/ac. I mounted my mixing station and chems outside the room and directly into 5 gal buckets. You also want quick hot water delivery.

Big

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks Big & MJ!

What do you guys think about building the tubs out of aluminum? The cost for materials is 60% less than stainless...

What about having all of your electronics UL/CE certified? Was that an issue? I was going to just build my own electrical cabinet that would tie into the meterbox.

What do you guys think will get more use, the pet vac or pet dryer?

Thanks in advance for the help!

mjwalsh

6 bay SS w/laundromat
Reaction score
Bubbles,

I would say stainless for tubs would clean up better, scratch less & will not fatigue like aluminum is more apt to do. I could be wrong, there is such a thing as anodized aluminum which is harder etc.

I am not that familiar with the overall UL or ETL process but I have read on this forum that some firms in some areas will do that for an engineering fee. One person did tell me that cabinets with fans can be troublesome & if we had gone the route of waterproof Nema enclosures it could have been a factor.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Thanks!!! This has turned into my winter project, which is okay with me =) Lots of fun stuff to do while I'm stuck inside...