What's new

Trying to get away from HF presoak on Touch free IBA

soonermajic

Reaction score
We use Quest products in our Laser 360 plus Touchless. I believe our low ph HF presoak is Complete Clean and we use Marvel for the high pH presoak. We get good results, just are looking at options to get away from HF.
Monty, what's your results w/ that 2 step, & cost per car?

Last edited:

Monte

Reaction score
My results are good, which is why we struggle to leave it for a non HF product. We did 3 different trials/product last year.
My cost for 2 steps of presoak started at a heavy winter rate of $.95 ish. I tuned it down to $.65 in the summer. Using those same concentrate costs, I would be currently at $.85 ish with very clean cars.
We have purchased in bulk this year.....so I'm at my winter rate at $.65 per wash, due to the cost difference. So, hoping I will be at $.45 ish this summer ( mid June).
What are you doing??

soonermajic

Reaction score
I have a Razor & we use half box Correct & 2.5 gallon Simoniz Ultra (to foam it teal hood). About .5/car. BUT, we prep every car b4 it goes in, so I HAVE TO go cheap on soap to make up for labor.
Have u ever tried AP Formulators Wash Master? 40lbs powder, use 20lbs for 50 gal. It's about $190/box, so it's about $2/gal. Everyone i know that uses it,oves it. But it is a Powder.

soonermajic

Reaction score
You must do alot of prep on the car
Just front to back top to bottom. E ery square inch is cleaned, wheels, grill & windshield included, in under 4 minutes!
Works well for us. Sure, I'd rather save that $4k/mo, but they also fix ALL issues +, trash, so they earn their $$,& this town LOVES them. THEY ARE the business!

washnshine

Reaction score
Just front to back top to bottom. E ery square inch is cleaned, wheels, grill & windshield included, in under 4 minutes!
Works well for us. Sure, I'd rather save that $4k/mo, but they also fix ALL issues +, trash, so they earn their $$,& this town LOVES them. THEY ARE the business!
Coach, if you are doing that much prep work , paying for that labor and your customers love it, did you ever think of a hand wash? Can’t operate 24/7, but probably most of your customers come when your preppers are there anyway.

soonermajic

Reaction score
My results are good, which is why we struggle to leave it for a non HF product. We did 3 different trials/product last year.
My cost for 2 steps of presoak started at a heavy winter rate of $.95 ish. I tuned it down to $.65 in the summer. Using those same concentrate costs, I would be currently at $.85 ish with very clean cars.
We have purchased in bulk this year.....so I'm at my winter rate at $.65 per wash, due to the cost difference. So, hoping I will be at $.45 ish this summer ( mid June).
What are you doing??
Monte, check your message box.