What's new

Trying hard to Increase CCard usage! Make it Easier and Faster for both Parties..

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
We are trying to get rid of Green Money :).. we have already ditched Coins years ago.. on Jan 1, 2022 we changed our pricing structure to increase Cash price only with the goal of having cash customers try the credit card price and save money..
So what is your unbiased, no BS opinions and feedback? here is currently the pricing on our meter boxes..:)
Thanks in Advance.. :)
D&D

IMG_1191.jpeg

Last edited:

soonermajic

Reaction score
What if you have a wash in a very economically depressed area, & extremely few customers have CCs?
In the right area, i think what you're doing is a good idea, except 1 important factor. What if you wanna SPEND CA$H from your wash, on a few items weekly?

CarWashBoy

Reaction score
What if you have a wash in a very economically depressed area, & extremely few customers have CCs?
In the right area, i think what you're doing is a good idea, except 1 important factor. What if you wanna SPEND CA$H from your wash, on a few items weekly?
Buy it and use your Credit Card.. 🙂 You will Live Longer and have a better Financial Statement!! 😀

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
We do 50% cash & 50% credit cards, and dispense $1 tokens that customers use to wash, vacuum & purchase vending. We switched to tokens in 2015 after quarter theft. We absorb the credit card fees to encourage customers to use their cards. About 30% of our customers are immigrants & don't have cards. We're getting ready to install Coinless mobile payment app for bays & vacuums. For now, tokens will still be used to purchase vending. While I would LOVE to be 100% card, I don't want to lose good customers.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
We went the other route - We offer Bonus time - But only with Cash. I don't think count up with CC has way to do Bonus time. Meter would somehow have to stall or back down at certain price increments.

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We're getting ready to install Coinless mobile payment app for bays & vacuums.
Kimberly, could explain the costs associated with Coinless? Not really worried about the hardware or install cost, but the fees and monthly recurring costs. I've checked their website but don't see them listed and am not interested in getting on their mailing list yet. Thanks.

Kimberly Berg

Reaction score
Happy to share the costs associated with Coinless! :) The cost doesn't include installation or WIFI extender. My local car wash handyman will install for straight time. Also, we suspect that my WIFI signal isn't strong enough through the concrete block to reach my vacuums, so I'm adding a WIFI extender from my local service provider ($19.95/month) and having them install it tomorrow for $49.95. You can purchase a cheaper WIFI extender through Amazon and install yourself, using Ethernet cable. But, to ensure consistent and reliable service, I am opting to have Comcast provide and install it. That way, if there's an issue, I'm not stuck in the middle while Comcast blames a 3rd WIFI extender or poor installation.

COMPANYCOST OF EQUIPMENTPROCESSING COMPANY & CC CHARGESMONTHLY SERVICE FEESNOTES
Coinless Mobile App
3135 Richmond Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84106
1-801-899-0183
https://www.coinlessmobile.com/
COINSLAYER 4 (Up to 4 other services) - $599
COINITO 1 (1 Vacuum or 1 other service) - $249

Since I have 10 services (5 wash bays & 5 vacuums), I needed to purchase:
1 – COINSLAYER $599 each x 1 = $599
6 – COINITO $249 each x 6 = $1494 (1 for each vacuum)
TOTAL $2093
Clover
2.85% + .20 cents / per transaction

$69 / month with annual subscription ($828 / year). Otherwise, $83 / month ($996 / year)Offer membership plans, Loyalty programs, Fleet programs, Automated marketing, Text marketing, etc.

Bays and vacuums can be turned on remotely.

Customer service is easy to get ahold of & very helpful

CClaus

Reaction score
Hello Everyone. I have seen some communication from people with confusion on how to set up the payment processing for different Car Wash POS systems. I am familiar with a lot of these systems as I have assisted many washes in setting up payment processing. I am most familiar with WashGear and Hamilton. Please feel welcome to reach out to me if you do have any questions. cclaus@goedps.com.