What's new

Triple Foam Dribbling WW 1.0

Buzzie8

Reaction score
My blue triple foam is dribbling out much like what happens when there is a leak in the line. It looks like it is not getting any air with some of the tips spouting water like streams. The yellow and red are foaming good. I already checked the tank screen. I have not checked everywhere on the gantry for a leak because we were too busy but from the quick look I made in and around it nothing is dripping out blue fluid. Also, no dripping from boom arm. Any ideas? Also, has anyone cut the bottom of the triple foam tubes so they could backwash and flush the scum? If so, any pointers on this would be helpful.
Thanks,
Buzzie

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I guess you've checked chemical quality/strength. It is worth checking the foam generator on top of the gantry.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
Chemicals are good. My other bay pulls from the same drum with same tip. Color looks good. How do you check the foamer. I know it is the three gray tubes on the gantry. I'm assuming you take them off for a visual inspection.

Reds

Reaction score
When you remove the gray tubes check the mesh that is in them. the mesh in mine deteriorated and I got a zillion little strands of mesh stuck in the foam tube (WW2.0). I cut the bottom of the tube and put a pvc coupling on it with a plug in it so I could unhook the lines and flush it out. But, while I had it apart I changed the plastic mesh screens to stainless steel pot scrubbers that I bought at the supermarket. I have not had a problem since then. I also installed the pucks to get better coverage.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
What do you mean by "installing pucks" for better coverage. What is a puck? Thanks for your help.
Buzzie8

Reds

Reaction score
I bought my WW2.0 in when they first came out. JC, at that time, was offering a free "puck" kit to retrofit the foam system. It consisted of 2 black gizmo's that looked like a hockey puck along with some plumbing items. These pucks get mounted, one on each side, on the gantry above the existing foam tubes. They dispense tri foam and can be aimed wherever you want them to go. I was having trouble getting foam to reach the middle of the windshield on tall pickup trucks. This solved that problem. The kit used to be free, but I am sure it is still available from the distributors. Free or not I don't know. I made some minor changes in the plumbing to make sure that the easiest path for the foam to flow directed it to the pucks first. I also ordered some brass adjusting swivels to replace the plastic ones provided by JC.

Reds

Reaction score
If you decide to get the pucks let me know and I will go back and look at my plumbing and let you know what changes I made. The biggest challenge in mounting the pucks was getting a proper sized hole drilled in the gantry skin. I used a brand new quality holesaw with lots of cutting oil. Slow speed and heavy feed. Stainless steel work hardens, so you cant have a high speed cutting tool spinning on it or it will get hard as can be. That's why the slow speed, heavy feed, and dark cutting oil.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Red's, Buzzie's got the 1.0. IMO tri foam doesn't get any better than on that machine. They put the 2.0s( with our without pucks) to shame.

Reds

Reaction score
I've never seen a 1.0 up close. How is the triple foam plumbed and how does it disperse? How many tubes does it have per side? What makes it better? If it delivers better I would like to figure out if I can convert my 2.0. Right now I get good coverage, but if there's something that I can improve, I will.

Tom Thumb

Reaction score
Has three vertical tubes on each size, one for each color, has air valve and solenoid for each color(air is adjustable).They do work good but require attention.