What's new

Treadles Laserwash 4000

Indiana Wash

Reaction score
Ugh, my laserwash 4000 has treadles. I get a lot of complaints. I would like to upgrade to the virtual treadles. The upgrade seems cost prohibitive for me. Any suggestions??? I have found used ones but then my installer has wanted a fortune for the install.

Ceverett

Fixer Of Things
Reaction score
Unfortunately the upgrade is somewhat pricey, but it will be much more customer friendly. I dont highly recommend used units as their might be software issues and who knows how long the ultrasonics will last.

lag

Reaction score
They can be pricey ,but when we upgraded some of our older Lasers I actually had customers stop and tell me they use the wash agian because of no floor steel. Many people had stopped using the automatics because the treadles caused them trouble.

I have heard of some operators who replaced them with pressure switches,but I dont really know how well it worked out. just a couple thoughts..

cherokee235

Reaction score
Pressure switches are a dismal failure for me. I think I have replaced 8 in two years. How much would a VT upgrade cost?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My pressure switches last a couple years; Tapeswitch brand.

I just received some 6' plastic parking blocks. I intend to ditch my steel rails that are left and right of my pressure switch and install these longer plastic parking blocks to guide customers in. 4, 6' yellow plastic blocks are $199 w/shipping.

I will place one far left just beside floor switch and one far right, just beside a wheel chock that keeps the car from rolling.

The second set I will butt against the first set, toward the entrance side of bay and angles out at the entrance end.

I've seen pictures of a similar setup and it looked good. Better than steel on each side of the left tire, which I know alot of customers hav trouble with. One big problem is they lose sight of the rails as they get close to the pad and then they start turning the wheel too much to align and then it gets dicey. I am hoping this will prevent that, because I will extend the plastic parking blocks past where the rails now end.

I intend to update the success of this. It may be a bice alternative to a vitrual treadle.

JIMT

Reaction score
We bought 4 D&S stainless treadles many years ago and the are still working well. They have a mercury switch.
JimT

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
what type of guiderails are involved with the D&S treadle setup?

JIMT

Reaction score
Waxman,
We had guide rails down the bay for many years on one of our automatics and people always climbed over them. We removed them and put two rails just over the treadle. Our experience was that when a customer's tire hit the guide rail they would always turn into the rail instead of away from the rail. This auto is a high pressure. Our others are cloth and we are not as concerned about the position of the car. We are happy that we removed the guide rails.
JimT

cherokee235

Reaction score
Waxman,
We had guide rails down the bay for many years on one of our automatics and people always climbed over them. We removed them and put two rails just over the treadle. Our experience was that when a customer's tire hit the guide rail they would always turn into the rail instead of away from the rail. This auto is a high pressure. Our others are cloth and we are not as concerned about the position of the car. We are happy that we removed the guide rails.
JimT
Jim,

Any way you could post some pictures? I'd like to see your setup. The tapeswitch and London Mat switches I am using will not last more than a few months. I've had terrible reliability with both brands. Even the old PDQ hinged prox switches are better than what I have now.

JIMT

Reaction score
Cherokee,
I took the pictures but could not attach them, they are too larger. Email me on regular email and I will send you the pictures
JIMT