What's new

traffic light

JustClean

Reaction score
At the moment I have a standard traffic light in the automatic bay. I found that some customers have problems with it and I want to upgrade it to make it easier. I am looking for a traffic light that displays:

DRIVE FORWARD
STOP
BACK UP

or similar.

Do you guys have any great ideas where to get this without killing the bank account? Thanks.

MEP001

Reaction score
Dralco has one that's all stainless steel and looks like a normal traffic lamp, but I'm not certain if it has a label or just color lenses. TSS Signs makes some signs that are clear to understand:

http://tsscarwashsigns.com/catalog/traffic.pdf

The one on page 41 (4 of 6) is what came with our Vector. I believe they can customize the text.

I like the LED ones, but that's a huge difference in cost to justify not having to replace bulbs.

jprb

Reaction score
We bought a replacement for the old traffic light style we had. We bought a box style with six lights from TSS. It is very well made and has held up well (had it 2 years). They are worth the money!

JPRB

JustClean

Reaction score
I like the LED ones, but that's a huge difference in cost to justify not having to replace bulbs.
They look really great. At present we have a normal LED traffic light. I would change it over for the bulb one anytime. Replacement LED (just one color) US$375.
Thanks guys the signs look great.

jprb

Reaction score
Ours uses regular bulbs. After two years, I've only replaced one of the small flood type bulbs behind the colored light lenses.

JPRB

MEP001

Reaction score
jprb said:
After two years, I've only replaced one of the small flood type bulbs behind the colored light lenses.
I've replaced them all and used standard 60-watt bulbs. I may try the PAR-20 LED replacements in one to see if it lights it up well enough.

MikeV

Reaction score
I think Dixmor makes one. It is a scrolling menu sign that also has enter, stop, and backup signs on it. I get it from Specialty Equipment.