What's new

Towel dry station a hit

Etowah

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Started my complimentary towel dry station today. Customers love it! So far so good.

MEP001

Reaction score
The vast majority of our automatic bay customers don't use the rest of the wash at all. I'd estimate less than 1 in 25 will do anything more than wash and leave. What percentage would you say utilized your free towel station? Did you have much trouble with towel walk-off or abuse? We have a large self-serve customer base, and the auto customers would have to dry in the same area as the rest - how might I deal with offering free towels to one set of customers while having the rest purchase their own?

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
You will find that many automatic customers will stop and use the towel station once they learn about it-probably 25%. Even if the car is mostly dry they will wipe streaks coming out of mirror housings, etc. Many SS customers also use the towel station. So, as you can imagine this cuts into towel sales. But I still sell some towels. Abuse of the service seems to be the biggest problem overnight. I originally brought the towel cart in overnight, but now I just leave it out with fewer towels.

Another idea I have heard of (if you are well attended) is a "clean towel club" The customer buys one nice terry towel for a nominal fee and it may be re-exchanged for a clean towel whenever they visit.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nice!!!

Kudos, Soapy! You know how to do it right! I aspire to your greatness and high level of service. Keep on motivating me to be better!!!

soapy

Reaction score
That picture is the deluxe version of a towel drying station. I am trying to get all my locations set up with similar stations. Most just use rubber made trunks on a simple cart.

easywash

Reaction score
That is a Beautifil towel station. I'd love to be able to read what the signage says :)