What's new

Touchless Top Wash @ 4min with 2min Dwell

jubalr

Reaction score
So with the recent discussion on chemicals and fighting road film and eyebrows, I wanted to show how we have been able to essentially eliminate both in our touchless. A year or so ago I was talking with one of the chemical manufacturer's tech about dwell time. He told me that in regards to IBAs, the longer the better. So I have adjusted my packages to allow the maximum amount of dwell and the results have been remarkable! Our Oasis XP is able to provide a top wash with ceramic, tire cleaner, rocker/wheel blasters and undercarriage at 4min with a 2min total dwell time. High PH only with a PH of about 13 and Low PH triple foam with TF at a thickness that allows it to slowly move across the glass. While my XP is set up for both high & low PH, I've not had the need for low and it would just add time to the wash.

I hope this will be of some help to others in the fight to get better results from their touchless systems. However, I am not familiar with other touchless systems and curious if this can be easily duplicated on touchless machines from other manufacturers? My only other touchless was a Rainmaker and it would not have been able to duplicate this as all chemicals came from the same nozzles.

Roz

Reaction score
I do not see a two min dwell time on the video. What am I missing?

I would probably get calls that the machine stopped working if we increased the stand still dwell time from 15 seconds. With the pass around the vehicle via a Razor Arch for two LP passes we are probably at two minutes for dwell time with a top wash time of 4:30.

jubalr

Reaction score
I do not see a two min dwell time on the video. What am I missing?

I would probably get calls that the machine stopped working if we increased the stand still dwell time from 15 seconds. With the pass around the vehicle via a Razor Arch for two LP passes we are probably at two minutes for dwell time with a top wash time of 4:30.
Dwell doesn't have to mean the machine isn't doing something. From the first pass of presoak to the first rinse is 2min. The wash is always doing something else (undercarriage, wheel chemical and wheel/rocker blast). so since the wash is not dormant, the customer always sees something working.
So you are using hi/low ph and good dwell time, you are probably not getting the eyebrow/road film issue. that's good. We use Hi ph only. Does your 4:30 include undercarriage, wheel chemical and wheel scrub?

Roz

Reaction score
Dwell doesn't have to mean the machine isn't doing something. From the first pass of presoak to the first rinse is 2min. The wash is always doing something else (undercarriage, wheel chemical and wheel/rocker blast). so since the wash is not dormant, the customer always sees something working.
So you are using hi/low ph and good dwell time, you are probably not getting the eyebrow/road film issue. that's good. We use Hi ph only. Does your 4:30 include undercarriage, wheel chemical and wheel scrub?
Ok so we are in the same approach. Time does not include up to 40 seconds undercarriage at entrance and 70 seconds in dryer area outside the bay exit.