What's new

Tornador Update

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Tornador is a 'must have' tool in my detail shop. They were giving me trouble, though. The product wouldn't pull thru the gun/nozzle, despite cleaning and soaking the gun.

However, I was missing something; there is a weighted ball at the end of the pickup tube. Apparently there is a small screen in there. Ours were quite plugged. I figured it out by removing the ball and trying the gun w/out it and it put tons of product out.

It probably says about cleaning all parts in the instructions, but I'm not the type to read instructions. I'm more the 'hook it up and go' type.

dogwasher

Reaction score
I purchased the Tornado a few months back..my attendant laughed at me for purchasing it but I think he likes it now. We have a problem with air flow since I don't have a drier tied into the air line, sometimes the water in the line messes up the performance of the Tornado?
Do you have a air drier Waxerman?

Washmee

Fullservice Tunnel
Reaction score
The Tornador is a 'must have' tool in my detail shop. They were giving me trouble, though. The product wouldn't pull thru the gun/nozzle, despite cleaning and soaking the gun.

However, I was missing something; there is a weighted ball at the end of the pickup tube. Apparently there is a small screen in there. Ours were quite plugged. I figured it out by removing the ball and trying the gun w/out it and it put tons of product out.

It probably says about cleaning all parts in the instructions, but I'm not the type to read instructions. I'm more the 'hook it up and go' type.
I told you that you would like it. Make sure you keep the cone clean, any drag created there by dirt or worn surface degenerates the effectiveness of the tool.:)

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have yet to install my water separator but intend to soon.

We drain our compressor daily, so water in the tool doesn't seem to be a problem.

The Only issue we have had has been the screen in the pickup. These things are fantastic!

MEP001

Reaction score
Draining the water from the compressor tank every day has very little to do with any moisture that enters the air lines.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good to know MEP1; never thought of that fact but makes sense now that you said it.

ToFarGone20

Reaction score
GREAT TOOL!!!

Thanks all for the info and the heads up. Really pleased so far.

Wear safety glasses when working on carpet. You can vac for an hour and still throw sand in your face when you crank the little bugger up.

It is worth its weight in gold....or carwash tokens(just as good).

AJ

buda

Reaction score
Draining the air compressor

Would have to disagree with you regarding draining the tank. It is part of the recommended daily maintenance for every air compressor.

Most good compressor systems come with an "automatic tank drain."

Because we use all air tools we recommend not only an automatic tank drain, but if you can afford it: a belt guard aftercooler and even better an inline dryer.

Regards
Bud Abraham
DETAIL PLUS SYSTEMS

ToFarGone20

Reaction score
Didn't want to pay the money for an automatic drain and when I looked around I had what I needed. Dema 453S and a hardwired light timer. Flawless thuss far.

AJ

MEP001

Reaction score
buda said:
Would have to disagree with you regarding draining the tank. It is part of the recommended daily maintenance for every air compressor.
Disagree with what exactly? I didn't say that draining the compressor tank daily is unnecessary, it just has no real bearing on the moisture in the air being used (At least not until the tank is full up to the compressor outlet).

KWIK

Reaction score
Just make sure your air pressure is not to high.. You'll burn through Whips and cones in no time.. I've been using them for a few years and love these things, minus the repair cost on them.