What's new

Topaz Valve problem

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had 2 overfloods due to a Topaz Industro valve.

I wiped it down and lowered the ball a bit.

Is there a way to take these apart and clean them?

Thanks!

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
I believe they unscrew? But I have never had an issue.... Yet.

But how old is yours? I love them! :)

Eric H

Reaction score
They do come apart easily. Check their website for instructions.
I have a diaphragm kit if you need it.

bigleo48

Reaction score
You can extend the float arm out some that will provide more pressure on the diaphragm. But what I have found with them is that they will overflow if water pressure is above 55lbs (our city water pressure is at about 85lbs). They are rated to 120lbs I believe, but I have yet to see one that can get anywhere near there. I have install pressure reducing valves and that solved my issues. I also had to replace a diaphragm in one.

cwguy.com

The Eric
Reaction score
You can extend the float arm out some that will provide more pressure on the diaphragm. But what I have found with them is that they will overflow if water pressure is above 55lbs (our city water pressure is at about 85lbs). They are rated to 120lbs I believe, but I have yet to see one that can get anywhere near there. I have install pressure reducing valves and that solved my issues. I also had to replace a diaphragm in one.
So are you saying you had to replace the diaphragm because of the water pressure being to high? I do have a spare unit.... Maybe I should just purchase a diaphragm kit also. I was afraid the unit would fall apart or something?

bigleo48

Reaction score
No...it was just leaking no matter what, so a new diaphragm was needed. They all leaked before I installed a pressure reducing valve.