What's new

top brush dropping on car trunk

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
ryko select a wash top brush dropping from roof to trunk and stops will not retun lot of pressure on rear of car.

soapy

Reaction score
I would guess mac air valve is not functioning right. Make sure it is not plugged.

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
it works perfect on trucks and suv I have switched to neoglide brush would I need to set the counter weight out more I hvent actually used a weight mechanism but with brush at center or horizontal it's not that heavy by feel

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
it's almost like were the glass meets the truck lid the rotation of the brush pulls it down the back glass and stops the brush at that point the Pontiac G6 really wedges in and takes a little force to release the brush

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
the brush hangs up at the point between the rear glass and the trunk lid like the rotation is pulling it down the rear glass and wedges it I had a Pontiac G6 today had to apply some pressure to release it from the car also a ford 500 that stuck

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
I have been told by a local car wash that has a select a wash and a soft gloss that neither of his units was downed the rear glass

qualitycarwash

Reaction score
I had overlooked the obvious the brush rotation was backwards motor wired wrong switched and works perfect

RykoPro

Technician/Manager
Reaction score
I would still check the top brush weight. Since you have changed brushes to another brand (including changing the gearboxes and shafts) you should check the top brush weight. The top brush interrupt will not work properly if everything is not set up properly. The top brush interrupt keeps the brush from dropping into pick up beds. The Softgloss should be set up so the top brush spins on the rear window and the trunk lid.