What's new

Top 5 Must Haves!

Etowah

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
What are the 5 things that your detailing business can't survive without? I have my faves and am curious to see what everyone else's are.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
1. Mothers Paste Wax. I know it's just a retail brand, but in all my waxing experience (24 years!!!) I have found it to be the best for ease of use in all humidity conditions as well as superior in gloss, depth and shine. There really is NO shine like Mothers. Honestly, I get many customers each year who are amazed at the results of our wax job. Many others think we paint cars here!

2. Hot water Carpet Extractor.

3. Mineral Spirits. Forget the expensive tar removers. $7.19/gallon 'spirits' are all you need.

4. Clay bar. Can't believe how many pro shops do not clay cars as a pre-wax step.

5. Shop Vac.

6. Ozone generator.

7. Makita Rotary Buffer./Black and Decker rotary buffer.

8. Micro fiber towels.

9. 00 steel wool.

10. Braker. If you haven't tried this phenomenal wheel and tire cleaner, give it a go.
That's 5 , right?:eek:

jfmoran

Reaction score
Who makes Braker, where do you get it?

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
Waxman:

Great Input!

Where do you predominantly buy your detailing products? I am trying to find better ways to control my detailing costs.

Thanks!

Great website by the way!

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks for the compliments;).

My main detailing supplier is C.A.R. Products. :D www.carproductsinc.com

However, I also buy my Mothers Wax online by the case, my mineral spirits locally at the paint supply store and other items from kleen-rite as well as Sonny's.

I get trigger bottles, applicator pads and brushes online, as well as paper floor mats and detail brushes. I've got my eye on a 5 gal. pail of rainvision to use in detailing.:rolleyes:

Unfortunately for many local distributors, I can now simply and easily look up stuff in a catalog, check prices, and place an order by phone. The time it takes is minimal compared to the cost savings, so I cannot remain loyal to any one place for all my supplies and chemicals. :(

But it's been super for me because I am trying alot of different brands of stuff (some worse but alot the same or better) and saving money, too.:) The difference has shown up on my p&l! I looked the other night and while my detailing sales were up considerably 2008 over same period 2007, my supplies and chemicals costs were lower by a significant amount. And since saving $1000 is like earning $3000, I am thrilled about this change.

Bubbles Galore

Reaction score
That's great! I have definitely seen the need for detailing (a quality one) in my area. I want to really step it up in the spring and see if I can't get back in the black :)

Keep up the good work!

jfmoran

Reaction score
Do you get Braker from C.A.R.? I don't see it on their site?

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Then their site needs updating, because Braker is available only through C.A.R. Products.

It's fantastic.