What's new

Tommy,peco,Sonny??

suntexas

Reaction score
HI,
I could not sleep well these days. I have been working with wet(peco) from San Antonio. A bank got peco(110 feet) info,

but, more than 400,000 without Central Vau.
so, i looking for another company(Autowash services Houston,Sonny)

Which ones is best? Tommy,peco,Sonny???

and, my partner want to Tommy's building(glass) but, I don't like glass building, what's your opinion??

Chiefs

Reaction score
Look. they are all good and have differences that you have to investigate and discern in order to make the best decision given your needs, goals and budget. Bottom line, they are all going to wash, rinse and dry cars for you.

Secondly, few customers are going to know or appreciate which one you decide to put in. When you open, people are simply going to expect that you are going to deliver to them a clean, dry and shiny vehicle and do it safely Appearance wise, Tommy's may have a little more visual appeal and "sizzle", but when customers are riding through the wash, they will only be able to partially appreciate that. They are looking to make sure that the lights for the extra services they paid for come on at the appropriate time. Do that a deliver a great wash and they will be satisfied.

The bigger questions for you are; Given your equipment choices, how much labor will you need to deliver that great wash; How the labor and the services your perform with it will the impact your maximum hourly wash volume and customer satisfaction; And, what is the impact of your equipment choices on your utility and chemical bills.

Perhaps you should also consider growing into your system slowly. What I mean is if you're figuring on a maximum hourly throughput of 50 cars an hour then you do not need a 100 car an hour system. Now you may at some point need the 110' conveyor if growth is good down the road However initially, you may only need actual wash equipment for 50-60 cars an hour. The when volume demands it. add the extra wash equipment and dryers to process more cars per hour. Its like being a little pregnant, you grow into it.

Bill

pitzerwm

Reaction score
I don't think that anyone has stated it yet, but your local distr. makes the big difference. If you don't have a good distr. you have nothing.

robert roman

Bob Roman
Reaction score
As Pitzer alluded to, if you are new to the business, the distributor, and your comfort level and ability to work with this person, is as important as the make of equipment because you will need to rely on the distributor for the first several years as you learn to calibrate, maintain, operate and repair.

Every OEM makes and can configure their equipment so that it cleans, shines and dries according to your application and needs. In this context, buying equipment is somewhat like buying a car. Most brands sell economy and luxury models so it usually becomes a matter of personal preference and available resources.

As for questions such as who makes the best equipment or what type of building to use, these are the some of the problems that are normally associated with developing a system. Sometimes new investors view a carwash as a collection of individual sub-systems and try to develop the project in a vacuum. In other words, the investor selects equipment, building, support equipment, chemical, etc. individually based on each sub-system's attributes and then tries to mish-mash everything into a single form hoping that it will work according to plan.

The best way to develop a new wash is to use a systematic approach.

supersuds

Reaction score
I have one sonnys, one belanger, 2 PECO tunnels and building another PECO. PECO has been great to work with and I think it is one of the best looking tunnels. Tommy looks great, but have heard some horror stories. This is just hearsay though. My distibutor out of Atlanta has been great.