What's new

Tire Shine Damage

Touchless

Reaction score
Had a customer come through our Touchless Autobay and used the Tire Shine. She has a new BMW that she said she has brought through many times using the tire shine. This time she said when she tried going through tire shine it was making a grinding noise. Looking at the video she was driving to it, tire shine was on her front bumper and would have been fine but she backed up and it caught her bumper ending with a small crack in passenger side front bumper.
I do see the tire shine catching the bumper so I believe it caused the crack. Talked to insurance and they said submit info and description but didn’t think the company would approve the claim since our equipment did not malfunction (we have signs that say do not back up).
True if she didn’t back up all would have been fine, but she did have a low bumper which we don’t address.
Anyone have this type of situation?

DiamondWash

Reaction score
Driver Error 100%, if she would have followed the posted instructions this wouldn't have happened, in no way are you responsible for repairs, I deal with this almost every other day with drivers and the ability to read and follow our posted rules/instructions, I know some customers can't read but it saves my ass when dealing with situations as such.

Touchless

Reaction score
Driver Error 100%, if she would have followed the posted instructions this wouldn't have happened, in no way are you responsible for repairs, I deal with this almost every other day with drivers and the ability to read and follow our posted rules/instructions, I know some customers can't read but it saves my ass when dealing with situations as such.
Thanks and agreed.
I had followed up by email and they haven’t responded yet. Maybe they realize it as well now.
We are taking the tire shine out in a few months as it causes more headaches than it’s worth. Mostly with people afraid to drive through it. This was the first time damage happened with it.