What's new

Tire Shine Cheaper option <$150 - 5 gallon

tw101212

Reaction score
I'm currently paying $150 for a 5 gallon, what are some cheaper options that still put out a solid end result.

I'm also thinking about doing the air guy to put tire shine on, does anyone do this? Does this save time and $?

Thanks!

MW_Wash

Reaction score
That's a lot of money for 5 gallons. We use Warsaw ultra thick water based silicone. It is thick, like any thicker and it would be a gel. Zero sling, even on the concrete at the application site. We get about 500 cars per 5 gallon and it's about $100 with tax.

I can't tell you if it's the best because it's all we've ever put in ours but it shines a wet tire evenly and lasts. I could probably shut off the silicone completely and shine 100 cars with just the what is on them as it goes a long way.

washnshine

Reaction score
That's a lot of money for 5 gallons. We use Warsaw ultra thick water based silicone. It is thick, like any thicker and it would be a gel. Zero sling, even on the concrete at the application site. We get about 500 cars per 5 gallon and it's about $100 with tax.

I can't tell you if it's the best because it's all we've ever put in ours but it shines a wet tire evenly and lasts. I could probably shut off the silicone completely and shine 100 cars with just the what is on them as it goes a long way.
Does the silicone cause any build up on rockers/wraps/wheel brushes that come through and still have product on the tire from the last wash?

MW_Wash

Reaction score
Does the silicone cause any build up on rockers/wraps/wheel brushes that come through and still have product on the tire from the last wash?
No they are very clean. Aside of grease we never have to do anything to these. The shine does last last several days on my truck when I run thru a test wash and very uniform but that is all on the customer. The repeats know how to get a good coating fully around their tire in the time given. Where some just hit the gas and leave with half shiny tires. The combination of the design of the applicator brush and the viscosity of the product makes it hold onto the brush very well until you press into the brush.