What's new

Tire cleaner not making it to bay

Reaction score
when I use tire cleaner only air or minimal chemical sputters out, I have tried adjusting the guages but it dos not seem to help anything, so what could be going on? thanks

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
Without knowing what kind of system you have I can only speak to what I know.

On our systems there is a solenoid for liquid and a solenoid for air for each bay per low pressure function. If you are only getting air and little to no liquid, the liquid solenoid is failing to open. It may either have trash in it or the stem may be bad and in need of replacement if this is only happening in one bay.

If it is happening in all bays, you either have a bad flojet pump or poor feed to the pump or from the pump to the solenoid block.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
when I use tire cleaner only air or minimal chemical sputters out, I have tried adjusting the guages but it dos not seem to help anything, so what could be going on? thanks
Sounds like you have an air assist, both air and water when you choose TC. So, start at the equipment room. Select tirte cleaner and pull the hose to that bay from the exit side of the solenoid. Good fluid there? If not you either have a bad solenoid, bad pump or clogged hose, or hose leak sucking air. from the TC tank to the pump. If you get good fluid there, check the pressure for the air. I suggest no more than 20 PSI make sure the regulator works. If you are using air operated pumps for the fluid I suggest 60 psi min to start. If you have good fluid at the exit side of the solenoid an air pressure set correctly you will need to go up on the roof where the lines T together. You likely have a check valve at the end of the TC line where it Ts in. That keeps HP from backing up down the low pressure TC line. Pull the check halve from the T with the low pressure TC line attached and turn on the TC line. If you get good flow there, thru the check valve you should be OK. Otherwise the check valve needsto be repaired or replaced.

Earl Weiss

Reaction score
Need to ad:
If no fluid at exit side of solenoid I have had a bad selector swith not sending voltage to the solenoid or a bad connection at the solenoid. Use a voltage meter to determine if there is voltage to that solenoid when the selection is made.

MEP001

Reaction score
Turn off both the air and liquid with a bay running on tire cleaner and make sure both gauges drop to zero. Replace them if they don't. Pressure from a bay coming through the tire cleaner line can damage the gauge and make it impossible to adjust the system.

Take a picture of the solenoids in the room and post it here.

Reaction score
Turn off both the air and liquid with a bay running on tire cleaner and make sure both gauges drop to zero. Replace them if they don't. Pressure from a bay coming through the tire cleaner line can damage the gauge and make it impossible to adjust the system.

Both guages drop to zero so i guess they both are working.

MEP001

Reaction score
If you can get tire cleaner liquid to the bay with the air still off, you might just have the air pressure too high.

Reaction score
If you can get tire cleaner liquid to the bay with the air still off, you might just have the air pressure too high.
no liquid will make it to the bay only air, I have adjusted the guages to every possible position with no success,

MEP001

Reaction score
Does the gauge on the tire cleaner stack show pressure on it with the air solenoid side adjusted all the way down? If there's no air going to the bays from the solenoids and there's still air coming out in the bay, you have a bad FloJet pump.