What's new

Tire Cleaner not Foaming

Etowah

Noob

Reaction score
Needing some guidance with my tire cleaner. I recently moved all my LP functions to a foam gun. I got everything dialed in and working great. A few days ago I went to the wash and tire cleaner was not foaming. All other functions are still working great. I checked the air and chemical pressures and everything appears to be right. I even tried to adjust more air thinking it would make it foam and all it did was start sputtering more air out of the gun. I tried increasing the dilution to the chemical and nothing changed. Is it possible that I got a bad batch of chemical that won't foam? Could their be an issue with the flojet that I'm missing?

I also have a regulator on a different function that has air coming out of the adjustment dial. I changed it out with a different regulator and the new one did the same thing. Is that some kind of pressure relief? The air pressure is regulated at the compressor to 70lb before it gets to the regulators for each function.

MEP001

Reaction score
If an air regulator is installed backwards it will relieve pressure as it tries to regulate it. Could you have installed the new one wrong?

Noob

Reaction score
Possibly. I’ll check and see. Thanks MEP. Any advice on the chemicals?