What's new

Tire Cleaner Delivery Time to Bays

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I know this subject has been touch on before in previous threads but I couldn't find the post that touched on it with Coleman Super Saver therefore I'm asking for your advice guys or direction to the the post that covers it. I have Coleman pump stands at both locations so I have this problem at both sites.

Equipment:
5 bay at one site & 7 bays at the other site
Coleman Super Saver Pump Stands
Marathon motors with Procon Pumps feed the mini regulator before going into manifold with the solenoids
1/4 Nylon lines delivering air and product from solenoids on the pump stand to the bays where they tie into the high pressure line and go out through the gun at the bay.

Current delivery time is about 25 to 30 secs...terrible! Is there any way to reduce this time by half or more? If I turn up the product and air pressure on the mini regulator it does seem to help but I would also be using more product wouldn't I? Any other thoughts our increasing pressure my only option?

Thanks as always and if I missed this topic covered before for a Coleman Super Saver send me the link please

MEP001

Reaction score
You can turn the pressures up, but you need to increase air pressure a lot so you don't go through a ton of chemical. When doing that you might have a chance of the air pushing back and causing the pump to lose prime. I try to find a balance where I get a very foamy product but the air and liquid reach the tip at about the same time.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Thanks Mep...yeah we worked with it today to see if we could find a happy medium between air and product bc i know what your talking about with the air push back it happened to us last week working on this issue. Thanks for the reply

MEP001

Reaction score
You could add a check valve to prevent air pushing back through the pump, but I would recommend both a check valve before the pump and a bypass regulator after the pump with the bypass returned to the tank. With that setup, if you have a check valve fail in a bay it will just come back into the tank without blowing lines or your pump.

Damoni88

Reaction score
Had the same issue. Put a check valve on now im getting tire cleaner and pre soak out in about 10 seconds or less on farthest bay. Make sure to never have your air higher than your chemicals it will mess up your flo jet.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Had the same issue. Put a check valve on now im getting tire cleaner and pre soak out in about 10 seconds or less on farthest bay. Make sure to never have your air higher than your chemicals it will mess up your flo jet.
Damoni88

I dont have flo jets running marathon motor and procon pumps. Where did you put your check valve?

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I.B.

Running 3/8 hose from the gun to the boom to the roof. On the roof is where I have the 1/4 lines (bringing the tire cleaner and air from the pump stand) tying into the 3/8 bay lines right above each bay.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I.B.

Running 3/8 hose from the gun to the boom to the roof. On the roof is where I have the 1/4 lines (bringing the tire cleaner and air from the pump stand) tying into the 3/8 bay lines right above each bay.
From the roof to the gun should be 1/4". I wonder why someone used such a big hose? Since that will cut the volume being displaced to less than half, I would think the difference in changeover time would be huge.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
From the roof to the gun should be 1/4". I wonder why someone used such a big hose? Since that will cut the volume being displaced to less than half, I would think the difference in changeover time would be huge.

Thanks for the input...i don't know why they used 3/8ths but now you have me curious. Going to check out what everyone around here uses to compare and also going to try switching one out to see if it helps.