What's new

Timemaster Remote

wyatt

Reaction score
I just took over a wash that has Timemaster timers. I see that KleenRite sells the wash down remotes for $110!! Does anyone know if a regular remote can be programmed for the timer like Dixmor does?

Also, what is your take on Timemaster? Are they good or should I throw them out right away and replace with Dixmor?

Jsshac

Reaction score
I just took over a wash that has Timemaster timers. I see that KleenRite sells the wash down remotes for $110!! Does anyone know if a regular remote can be programmed for the timer like Dixmor does?

Also, what is your take on Timemaster? Are they good or should I throw them out right away and replace with Dixmor?
I would replace with Dixmor as the go bad.

Randy

Reaction score
I wouldn't waste my time messing with the Timemaster timer. I'd get rid of the Timemaster timers and go to the Dixmor LED-6 timer, there a much better timer.

wyatt

Reaction score
I agree they should be switched to Dixmor.

However, in the meantime I need a wash down remote to clean the bays. Does anyone know if a regular remote can be programed for it or does it actually have to be a timemaster remote?

wyatt

Reaction score
It adds to the complexity of the wash, if I use tokens then I have to keep track of how many internal tokens are going into the bays that won't be counted as revenue. On top of that, I hate leaving time on the clock and then watching someone pull in and use the free remaining time.

Randy

Reaction score
We have painted tokens that my cleanup guy uses to wash down the bays. I won' give him a remote after he broke 2 of them. I believe the Timemaster timers come from Hi-Performance Wash Systems you might call them and ask them who's remote they use, but they probably won't tell you but it might be worth a shot. I used to have a Timermaster remote, it looked like a RCA VCR remote that we had back in the 80's. Timemaster timers are a $hit timer, they use a blue-green vacuum fluorescent display that punks out over time so you can't see the display in the sunlight.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I agree with others, chuck them as they go bad. I bought a wash with them years ago. It wasn't long before I replaced them with Dixmor. Tokens will be a pain if your an old-time, quarter only wash, because you will have to sort them out, not to mention you might not have multi-coin acceptors.

I used to have a guy that would always carry off the remote or just lose it. After I got fed up with that, I bought everyone their own remote, and gave "Jason" Randy's phone number. I then told him "This is the guy YOU can buy one from when you lose this one."

MEP001

Reaction score
The Timemaster remote is proprietary to their timers which is why they're so expensive. I had one and opened it up, nothing inside crossed over to anything. I've tried a couple universal ones but they wouldn't work. This is the same remote Dixmor uses, they just slice off the buttons that aren't used and apply a new label to hide them.

JimmyFetner

Reaction score
Hi, I also have a time master remote and the remote works fine. I just purchased the car wash and I am as lost as hansel and gretel. Does anyone have a manual on these remotes? Mine says
HI-PERFORMANCE

REMOTE CONTROL

SN-090216-05
My car wash is 50 cents cheaper than every other car wash in town and I would like to increase by 25 cents. I tried to find an instruction manual online but I cannot find one. thanks!

MEP001

Reaction score
You don't need a remote to change the time. There should be two buttons on the back of the timer to set the time and price. I don't know if you can change the settings with the remote, but if you can it should be the same as using the buttons. What model timers do you have? I don't have a manual but I should be able to talk you through it.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
The Timemaster remote is proprietary to their timers which is why they're so expensive. I had one and opened it up, nothing inside crossed over to anything. I've tried a couple universal ones but they wouldn't work. This is the same remote Dixmor uses, they just slice off the buttons that aren't used and apply a new label to hide them.

Have you tried the old zenith remote controls?

Randy

Reaction score
Hi, I also have a time master remote and the remote works fine. I just purchased the car wash and I am as lost as hansel and gretel. Does anyone have a manual on these remotes? Mine says
HI-PERFORMANCE

REMOTE CONTROL

SN-090216-05
My car wash is 50 cents cheaper than every other car wash in town and I would like to increase by 25 cents. I tried to find an instruction manual online but I cannot find one. thanks!
Do your self a favor and replace the timers with a Dixmor LED-6 timer. They are a much better timer, they last a lot long than the Timemaster do and you can read the Dixmor timers.

MEP001

Reaction score
Have you tried the old zenith remote controls?
I have not, I wouldn't know what to look for and I don't currently have access to a wash that still has the old timers.

JimmyFetner

Reaction score
Hi, Please don't laugh, I know this is old but I really need to get some revenue before I start investing more. Do I just unlock, pull out and I'll see manual adjustment knobs? Currently it is only $1 for 4 minutes and .25 for additional minute. It is significantly lower than other 2 car washes in town. I don't want to gouge anyone since there are tons of customers and it is a small town so I thought I would increase to $1 for 3 minutes or $1.25 for 4 minutes and .50 for additional minute or .25 for 30 seconds.

Attachments

JimmyFetner

Reaction score
Yes! I have my timemaster up and running at an additional 25 cents initial start and I was able to lower the additional time / 25 cents by 10 seconds on all five units. I REALLY appreciate the help! MEP001, appreciate the guidance and cantbreak80 thanks for those links. The TM5-CT2000-Programming-Instructions was huge! Oh, also with the field programming procedure I was able to use the remote. Man, I can't thank y'all enough! I will definitely update everything but I'm going to limp along as long as I can until this thing gets in the black!