What's new

time for low pressure services to come on

mikeexpress

Reaction score
I have a 6 bay and when the customer pushes either tire cleaner or pre soak it will take up to 45seconds for the service to come out properly.I have 1 check valve on the line that controls both services. what times do you guys have for these services to come on?.any suggestions to make these come on quicker?

mac

Reaction score
Should be in the 10 to 15 second range. Is this on all bays or just one? My guess not knowing your setup is that the lines are somehow draining back when not in use.

PaulLovesJamie

rural 5 bay SS
Reaction score
Mine is closer to 5 seconds.
Do you have separate lines out to a manifold at the top of the boom?

MEP001

Reaction score
Do you have air mixed with the tire cleaner/presoak? Not only does it let you run the chemical stronger without it costing you a lot more, it helps get the product to the gun faster. I've seen a lot of older washes with just liquid for tire/presoak, and in order to keep costs down and give a good product they have to reduce the pressure to 25-30 PSI. If the bay is tall it has a lot of clear water to push out before the product gets there.

I set up a purge so that when the gun isn't in use for one minute it blows the line clear. It takes barely four seconds for the product to reach the gun, and with no water coming out first the customer isn't wetting their tire with water waiting for the product.

Fatboy769

Living the American Dream
Reaction score
MEP001; I set up a purge so that when the gun isn't in use for one minute it blows the line clear. It takes barely four seconds for the product to reach the gun said:
Mep, are you doing this with a plc? I really like this idea and can see the benefit of not having to push all that water out of the line.

MEP001

Reaction score
A programmable relay, yes. It could probably be done with a delay on/delay off relay.

mikeexpress

Reaction score
my system has a 4way with air in the top pre soak and tire cleaner on the sides with a check valve after that just before the line going to the boom. A question on the check valve used there what type (cracking pressure) do you guys use there or recommend i presently use one that is 3-5psi. should i use something with greater pressure? because of the high pressure right there?

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
The cracking pressure is the amount of pressure it takes to open the CV for your low pressure functions. When you switch to high pressure, the force of the high pressure will help keep the valve closed. The cracking pressure has to be somewhat less than the amount of PSI your using on the LP side. Thats why there is an arrow on the CV. It has to be installed correctly so it will open from the LP side. I would think 3-5 lbs would be good.

MEP001

Reaction score
The high-pressure check valves I've used in the past that have a very low cracking pressure (one you can blow through easily) tend to not last very long.

Kevin James

Reaction score
What would be the optimum pressure for Presoak or Tire Cleaner be? Would a higher the pressure get the product delivered out to the gun faster?

mikeexpress

Reaction score
Im interested in what pressure you run your low pressure services at (presoak ,tire cleaner) i have replaced the check valve on my system and it still takes about 30 seconds for the product to come out. I run a flojet pump set at 60psi to pump the prsoak out.

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm running presoak liquid wide open (No needle valves) on 3/8" tubing at 90 PSI, air at 80 PSI, tire cleaner at 75 PSI with needle valves on tire cleaner and air. The air adjustment is open just enough to aerate the presoak, barely enough to slow down the flow. The tire cleaner uses the same air adjustment so the liquid flow is cut way back so the product strength can be run very strong without a huge chemical cost.

Etowah