What's new

Time for Cameras...

Etowah

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I think it cost $50 bucks to join. You would have to add that to what the system cost. In my case, the 16 camera, 1 TB system was $799. With the added $50 it was only $850. Everywhere else I checked online wanted $1250-$1300 for the exact system.

99Roadking

Reaction score
PTZ Cams

I wouldn't put cameras up if I didnt have a couple PTZ (Pan,Tilt,Zoom) cameras. They can be programmed to sweep back and forth and slowly zoom in and back out, then pan the other way and zoom again. Or I can operate it from my Iphone anywhere in the world or with a joystick inside the mech room. I have them mounted on the back of each vac islands facing the wash bays. So you can capture tag numbers if you want or can make in identity off them if you need that. They will actually turn around 360 degrees if you want to pick up other areas.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Which PTZ Cameras did you buy? Also how did you run the wiring to your vac islands? I've been thinking about doing the same thing, but getting the wires to the vac islands would be a little difficult for me.

I really would like to have some cameras facing the building and entrances to the bays. Too many times people don't have front license plates, especially the ones up to no good...It would be nice to have a different view of things.

99Roadking

Reaction score
PTZ Cams

Which PTZ Cameras did you buy? Also how did you run the wiring to your vac islands? I've been thinking about doing the same thing, but getting the wires to the vac islands would be a little difficult for me.

I really would like to have some cameras facing the building and entrances to the bays. Too many times people don't have front license plates, especially the ones up to no good...It would be nice to have a different view of things.
I purchased mine from dvrmaster.com. They were around 600.00 each. Outdoor, infrared, 27x optical zoom. I ran black iron pipe from just underneath the eave and ran it straight out to the island and used a clamp to secure the pipe. I used the iron pipe to eliminate someone easily cutting the wires if ran any other way. Put you a elbow on each end and turn the elbow down to help from rain going in the pipe. Its nice to turn your cameras on and not have to try and figure what kind of car you are looking at or how old the person is etc. With the PTZ's you will not be left wondering. Plus the police are much more apt to take on a case if you can make a positive identity if someone does something wrong on your property. Good luck.