What's new

Tiktok...

Twodose

Reaction score
A friend of mine just sent me this:

https://vm.tiktok.com/JLKMhqo/

I wonder if the is the same thing as the old shorting out the timed load to a ground or something new, the old way u didn't need to insert the coin the time would just rack up.

Maybe the owner of this Red Carpet carwash will see this and fix the problem.

Rfreeman

Reaction score
Oh great as popular as this stupid app is this day with these do nothing kids I can see this being an issue. If I catch one doing it I'll be sure to give them a whooping to make up for all the ones their parents didn't give them.

MEP001

Reaction score
It looks like he's using a token. Notice that it's exactly ten pulses with each one. Regardless, it's fraud and I've reported it, hopefully it will get reported more and taken down.

Randy

Reaction score
He needs to seal up everything in the coin box so it doesn't get wet. I had to take a water bottle and cut down so it would fit over the coin mech to stop everything from getting wet. Bill Pitzer put a water sensor in his coin boxes so when they sprayed water into coin slot it would shut down.

Noob

Reaction score
Randy, can you show us a picture of how you sealed everything up? I would imagine it would prevent this problem as well as prolong the life of all the components behind the meter.

Axxlrod

Car Washer
Reaction score
Video has been taken down, so I didn't see it.

What was in video? Sounds like he was getting the electronics wet and getting a free car wash? Can that happen?

MEP001

Reaction score
I know for sure it was a problem with GinSan boxes. They'd spray soap in it which would short the coin pulse wire on the terminal strip to something next to it and then spin the dial or start and stop something with pushbuttons to rack up a bunch of time. They probably still run the wire off the strip with an insulated plug.

OurTown

Reaction score
I know for sure it was a problem with GinSan boxes. They'd spray soap in it which would short the coin pulse wire on the terminal strip to something next to it and then spin the dial or start and stop something with pushbuttons to rack up a bunch of time. They probably still run the wire off the strip with an insulated plug.

Was this only an issue because of the way the boxes were wired or is it also an issue with GinSan coin mechs too?

MEP001

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was just the wiring. Sensortrons are probably the most waterproof of any acceptor.

Dan kamsickas

GinSan Technician
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure it was just the wiring. Sensortrons are probably the most waterproof of any acceptor.
It was just that wire connection on the terminal strip. That was over twenty years ago that the change was made to remove it from the strip. ANY meterbox that does not have watertight connections for their coin switch wiring is susceptible to people spraying water into the box.

mac

Reaction score
Dan is right about this, and it wasn’t just Ginsan boxes as they all were wired that way.

Twodose

Reaction score
Take the hots and the pulse wires off of the terminal strip in the bay boxes, use wire nuts and silicon or any other way you can so they are not openly exposed, that is how they are getting free time, I think this video was a fake even though he was spraying water into the coin slot. I had such a problem with this in one location that I had to put “water busters” on every bay which would cut the power to the box for a period of time.

Twodose

Reaction score
Also the day I saw that I googled this carwash and emailed them with the video. I got this email from them today:

Ken,

Thank you so much for sending that tiktoc video to us.

We actually tracked the person down and had the police go to his house.

We have been in business for 53 years and it seems like it gets harder and harder to protect your business. Its nice to know there are people out there like yourself that looks after other people, because most people would not have even said anything.

If you live in the Peoria, IL area, please email me your address so I can send you some free full service car washes.

Once again thank you for sending that video to us, we really appreciate it.

Dan Maloof

Vice-President & GM

Red Carpet Car Wash

Peoria, IL

Randy

Reaction score
Also the day I saw that I googled this carwash and emailed them with the video. I got this email from them today:

Ken,

Thank you so much for sending that tiktoc video to us.

We actually tracked the person down and had the police go to his house.

We have been in business for 53 years and it seems like it gets harder and harder to protect your business. Its nice to know there are people out there like yourself that looks after other people, because most people would not have even said anything.

If you live in the Peoria, IL area, please email me your address so I can send you some free full service car washes.

Once again thank you for sending that video to us, we really appreciate it.

Dan Maloof

Vice-President & GM

Red Carpet Car Wash

Peoria, IL
Ken, That's nice that you'd do that. I know a Red Carpet car wash but it's not that one.

GordonPwn

Reaction score
Oh, I remember that video. I've already made a Report to this account several times, but my complaint was never considered. But that was before this video was deleted. Probably, the author deleted it himself. He realized that it was too obvious. By the way, I know one dude with 100k subscribers who makes exposures of such frauds. As far as I know, it has increased in popularity due to the review of the most popular token tips. I've been chatting with him for a while. He said that to increase the account's activity, he bought comments on iamat.com. Now I also want to make some videos to promote them.

Last edited: