What's new

Thoughts.....American Changer AC225C

Rfreeman

Reaction score
I'll start by saying I prefer Hamilton DRS machines with MEI validators but the new wash I am remodeling has a brand new American Changer model AC2225C. It has the Evolution Hopper and MEI validators so I wanted to know from those of you who have this changer or had this changer your thoughts on it?

Figured since its brand new might as well run with it, just wish it was Hamilton DRS.

Any problems I should look out for?

Attachments

cmawash

Reaction score
we have used, have in service and converted many Rowe units over the years, several times over, using Rowe upgrades, triad conversions, American changer conversions ( did not work out and the kits had to be returned. these conversion unit use the EVO plastic coin hoppers, in our case $ and quarter coins. After several years we are finding out that the plastic hoppers reach a point of no return on repairs, there are throw away units. the reason for this is the cost or non availability of repair components, its cheaper to replace the units with new hoppers when the feed acts up. Our newest venture will be with Standard changer as they're all metal. its the End of the line for the Rowe units or its successors. Triad units use a display for customer and service status, try to find a replace display, at around $400 a display if you can find one. in our case we use and require Top of the line units, as they are quite valuable to our operation, we have quite a few units in service. we need bill breaker, tokens and mutable bill/coin payouts