What's new

Thinking of installing 2 bay ss/ Advise

mobeagler

Reaction score
I live in a rural region of Missouri and have an old general store. I am wanting to increase traffic so I am thinking of installing a two stall SS wash. One will be for large trucks due to it being a large farming area. I am wanting advise on companies that would be good to use for a system such as this, and am looking for possible blueprints for a 2 bay system. This system will prob. be shut down in the winter, because I do not think I can justify the cost of running it in the winter. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Also, is there a company that will come in and install everything for you.
Thanks,
Wade

Jimmy Buffett

Reaction score
I think you may be greatly underestimating what it will cost you to get into the car wash business.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you are in a cold climate then shutting down in Winter is crazy because the salt they put on the roads greatly drives Winter carwash business!

Your questions are general and broad enough so that you would greatly benefit from attending the ICA show in May in Las Vegas. When I was younger and greener I had an inkling that the carwash biz was for me. I studied, went to trade shows, met w/equip. distributors, worked at 2 carwashes and detailed cars full time.

This business is a tricky one and you should dig in and do your research before funding the project.:eek:

mobeagler

Reaction score
To add to the question to give my advisers more insight: I already have an equipment room and a pit (used to be a scale house and scales). I am just wanting to convert these into a functional car wash. Much of the additional work ie trenching, building, electrical, can be done by myself because I have the equipment. I am just wanting to know a few good companies that you all have had good luck with when it comes to SS. It seems like many of these companies are trying to push their automatics and phasing out the SS.

MEP001

Reaction score
mobeagler said:
It seems like many of these companies are trying to push their automatics and phasing out the SS.
And with good reason. Rising land values are making it harder and harder to turn a profit with SS washes. An automatic will often make three to five times what one SS bay will. People are also getting lazier and just don't want to get out and wash.

Etowah

MudMoney

Reaction score
I rehabed an outside bay and an inside bay with doors in a town and county with a total population of 2100 people.It never grossed over $ 12,ooo a year that was in 1989 and today at a $ 2.oo @ 3 minutes it still only does that.There are less farmers now. Most farmers these days have their own pressure washers.I also live in an area with 16000 people in the county that includes 9500 in town.I had 2 ss washes no automatic and its a struggle.I do suggest you go to the ICA convention as you will learn more in 3 days than 20 years on your own.If not take in a regional show and realize that there is a lot of hype coming from salesmen and manufactures.Good Luck

lighthousecarwash

Reaction score
Service Four Equipment originally installed the wash that I just bought. Good guys to work with. They are down in Cape. I'm sure there are lots of options around KC and St. Louis. Just gonna have to get on the internet and start searching.

Lighthouse