What's new

The sky is falling and children will die !

mac

Reaction score
I just want to throw large objects at the TV when the talking heads tell us how "shutting down" the government will absolutely ruin the country. This is sooo wrong on several areas. First, the gov doesn't shut down. I just flew the Mooney and the controllers were still working. Second people are not out of jobs. These stinking federal workers will get paid for staying home when it's over. This is a paid vacation for crying out loud. And lastly, why don't the wizards of smart ask the democrats why a wall is a bad thing? if it is so bad, why does Pelosi live in a big mansion with a wall around it? If Trump really wanted to poke a finger in her eye, he should go to Pelosi's home, point at the wall, and say "Nancy Pelosi, tear down this wall." She can then let many of the illegal immigrants camp on her lawn.

OurTown

Reaction score
Sounds like a good idea to me.

JJ Jakubowski

Reaction score
"The more things change ..."

Pardon this kinda sorta self indulgent post. BUT I was compelled to do so by this current “Government shut down” and caravan invasions. Mac’s post in December made my 2¢ an acutely germane piggyback. That said —

The Left politicos’ hypocritical, dishonest and dangerous anti-barrier dogma is another symptom of their unrelenting Trump derangement. And their lust for multitudes more of “undocumented Democrats” is oh so obvious. America's safety, security, economy, jobs, health --- all be damned! Anyhoo, just yesterday, I was perusing a back issue of the SSCWN (Spring 2008) and I relived the bitter sweetness of the feature article — “Carwashes On The Road Along The California Coast”. It really was "the ultimate road trip!" BUT ---

One disturbing, timely sidebar REALLY jumped out at me. It recounted how my wife and I were threatened by a nasty mob of day laborers just outside of San Diego. This incident occurred in 2007. Now, more than 10 years later, an age old saying came to my mind — “The more things change, the more they remain the same.” Wellll, the fact is things do NOT necessarily “remain the same”. They can get worse … much worse! And it has when it comes to the metastasizing national emergencies oozing from our Southern border.

This situation is “Twilight Zone-ish”!!! So, as Rod Serling would intone as a prelude to some episodes of “T Z” — “Submitted for your approval…”, here seems to be a painfully pertinent flashback/deja vu :

mac

Reaction score
They not only don’t want a wall, they are also against a picture ID to vote. We get it,why doesn’t everyone else.