What's new

The Nayax problems and info sticky.

JaySingh

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the Nayax units to monitor In Bay Cash/Coin sales? Is there a how to on this?

hkozlovsky

Reaction score
After reading this post by dbcknghm, it makes me wonder if anyone has had any issues with Nayax accepting debit cards or Prepaid Visa/MC? If so, is it only in count up mode because of the "Hold" placed on the card?? Or maybe no issue??

I can see benefits to both arguments with count up v/s preset charges...Just doing a little homework before deciding whether or not to add Nayax to my bays?

Hi Everyone.

There are no worries here. Nayax is one of VISA's top 30 payment providers in the world. These are full EMV certified transactions. In the US in 2017, VISA/Mastercard came into the US and said no more magnetic stripe transactions after eliminating magnetic swipe throughout the world. That is when all the Retailers (Walmarts, Targets, etc..) all upgraded their POS terminals to EMV. That is also when Nayax terminal became EMV certified meaning, if a customer tried to swipe a card since 2017, the reader instantly knows there is a chip on the card and verbally (yes it guides by voice) and graphically, says to insert the card and won't allow the swipe. That is why there have not been any chargebacks on Nayax readers since 2017.

Acquiring cashless devices, since 2017, that allow Magnetic Swipe, is the big risk. Using Count up is only a risk for those operators who get many complaints that their customers are not pressing the stop button well and come back for a refund. If operators have such an issue, we/I highly recommend our Operators try our multi-price with bonus minutes. It eliminates the stop button issue and can in many cases allow for a higher average ticket. The beauty of using bonus minutes is it allows the customers to feel they are getting more bang for their buck as they have no idea how much they need but are willing to spend to for cleaning. An example would be $5 5Minutes; $8 9Minutes; $11 $13 Minutes; $13 16Minutes; $15 19 Minutes; $20 25 Minutes. This multi-price with bonus minutes works best for Vacuums, where instead of getting the standard fixed price $2 for 2 or 3 minutes you would use $2 2Minutes; $4 5 Minutes; $6 8 Minutes; $10 13 Minutes and Operators will see $6, $8, $10 transactions they never saw before and raise their average receipt dramatically.

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Support Solutions, Nayax
harry@nayax.com

Attachments

hkozlovsky

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to get the Nayax units to monitor In Bay Cash/Coin sales? Is there a how to on this?
Yes you can record cash also. It all depends on how your device was wired to the timer. Did you buy from an authorized nayax distributor? We have an automated process with our authorized OEMs/distributors that ensures all plug and play with a dedicated OEM/Distributor support team.

Did you get a Nayax Pulse Guide that explains this?

Feel free to ask me for wiring details - harry@nayax.com

Thank you

Harry Kozlovsky
Senior Director of Solution Sales, Nayax
harry@nayax.com

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
This has probably been asked before but not in this thread and I can't seem to find the answer....Do you have to charge the same dollar amount ratio per minute for CC transactions as you do for cash sales...For instance, If I were to choose preset bay prices with $5.00 minimum to get the cheaper 2.95+$.10 per transaction fee schedule and my cash sales is $2.00 for 4 minutes: would I have to stick to the exact same ratio as cash sales? $5.00 =10 minutes, $7.00=14 minutes, etc? Same for count up and preset with a lower minimum and the 5.95% rate?

hkozlovsky

Reaction score
Great question 2Biz.

If an operator will not want to start at $5 and you also mix in under $5 transactions as you write, and you are certain your average will be over $5 (which is likely for most in car wash) not knowing the average at the outset, we would do a quick lookup after 30 days (or enough transactions, see the average is over $% and issue the sweet spot fixed processing fee of 2.5% + 10 cents). The beauty is no variability of Interchange Plus that those using a processing company would be paying. That means each month you'd need to pull out a calculator to see your effective rate for that month as different cards presented will have different fees. When Nayax is the Mor (Merchant on Record) which we are for most of our customers by their wish (that is why we are one of the Top 30 Payment providers of VISA in the world), their is no Interchange variability of rates, the fees are fixed, the transactions come into the reporting app or backend management system live, and reconciliations are easy.

How to set up multi-price with bonus minutes? Please send me an email and let me know if you buy from a Distributor and if yes, who it is, and I will send you the easy process to set it up yourself. The beauty is you have up to 6 pricing options, can change them on the fly from the MOMA app location by location as you run reports to see where you are getting the best higher transactions or not and adjust the price and bonus minutes as you desire.

Thank you.

Harry Kozlovsky
harry@nayax.com

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
Thanks for the response, but you didn't address the same ratio per minute for CC sales v/s cash sales? Does it have to be equal?

HeyVern

Reaction score
Thanks for the response, but you didn't address the same ratio per minute for CC sales v/s cash sales? Does it have to be equal?
Where the Nayax acts as the timer, it can be set differently without affecting the cash price I believe.

2Biz

Thread Killer!
Reaction score
I guess I was thinking more on the "Legality" of doing it? I think its against the law if you have a business selling an item having one price for cash and a higher CC price for the same item?

HeyVern

Reaction score
I guess I was thinking more on the "Legality" of doing it? I think its against the law if you have a business selling an item having one price for cash and a higher CC price for the same item?
More and more businesses are charging Convenience Fees for credit cards. I charge an added convenience fee for cards on my vending machine. As long as the extra charge is disclosed, it's fine. One wash close to me charges $6.00 for twenty minutes for card users.

JaySingh

Reaction score
Yes you can record cash also. It all depends on how your device was wired to the timer. Did you buy from an authorized nayax distributor? We have an automated process with our authorized OEMs/distributors that ensures all plug and play with a dedicated OEM/Distributor support team.

Did you get a Nayax Pulse Guide that explains this?

Feel free to ask me for wiring details - harry@nayax.com

Thank you

Harry Kozlovsky
harry@nayax.com

Hey Harry, Thanks for responding.

I bought these second hand off a vending machine company going out of business. I am currently in the process of switching these over to our car wash.

I have a Dixmore LED 7 Timer and was planning on using the wiring diagram you provided earlier in this thread.

Can you provide additional wiring details to record cash?

Thanks (I have also emailed you as well).

Keno

Reaction score
While you can legally charge a cc surcharge now - or call it a cash discount to be on the safer side, I wouldn't do anything to discourage customers from using cc. Cc customers have a way higher average ticket than cash/coin at our washes. I want to encourage cc use for the higher time use and average tickets

OurTown

Reaction score
While you can legally charge a cc surcharge now - or call it a cash discount to be on the safer side, I wouldn't do anything to discourage customers from using cc. Cc customers have a way higher average ticket than cash/coin at our washes. I want to encourage cc use for the higher time use and average tickets

Also there's a real cost to accepting cash.

OurTown

Reaction score
Are you talking about collecting, counting, and depositing?
Yes. Plus all the security (locks), surveillance system, coin accepters, Bill validators repair/replacement/maintenance/upgrades.

hkozlovsky

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words.

Keep in mind we will only report cash sales but do not control
Hey Harry, Thanks for responding.

I bought these second hand off a vending machine company going out of business. I am currently in the process of switching these over to our car wash.

I have a Dixmore LED 7 Timer and was planning on using the wiring diagram you provided earlier in this thread.

Can you provide additional wiring details to record cash?

Thanks (I have also emailed you as well).
Hi.

Sure. Happy to direct. I did not see an email. I searched "Singh" in my mailbox. Please put "car wash forum" in your subject line so I will connect it.

Thanks

Harry Kozlovsky
harry@nayax.com

hkozlovsky

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

Please keep in mind if you make the business decision to do a convenience fee you can use a % and not simply a cents amount. On a VAC, for example, where you are not getting your average up with multi price with bonus minutes, and you are paying 5.95%, you can do a convenience fee of 6% (up to the processing fee). That may be a much better alternative if you were unaware, as if charging 10 cents and the transaction is $2 and over the processing fee will exceed your convenience fee. Setting it at 6% allows to to always recoup the processing fee no matter the transaction variance in price from customer to customer. Just another though on using technology to help your business.

Also keep in mind, if you buy from a Nayax authorized OEM or Distributor, they should not only be aware of Nayax technology and when taking advantage of it, how it can help you increase sales and lower costs, but they have an automation flow that guarantees all devices they sell are plug and play when installed at location. If you buy from any Distributor and they do not know what I mentioned above, they are likely not a Nayax authorized Distributor and I suggest you ask them to reach out to me BEFORE you buy. I work with and authorize all our OEMs and Distributors before we sell to them but some times I hear some slip through.

Good luck. Feel free to reach out anytime if questions or related issues and I will direct.

Harry

Harry Kozlovsky
Harry@nayax.com

JaySingh

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words.

Keep in mind we will only report cash sales but do not control

Hi.

Sure. Happy to direct. I did not see an email. I searched "Singh" in my mailbox. Please put "car wash forum" in your subject line so I will connect it.

Thanks

Harry Kozlovsky
harry@nayax.com
Awesome... Resent the email. Thanks in Advance!