What's new

The economy, Carwash investments, and IBA's

whalenproperties

Reaction score
Hello,

I mainly deal with rental properties but I have been researching carwashes for sometime. One has finally popped up that is in my price range and fits my current business model. The facility has multiple L-4000's and appears to have a good financial history. However, with the economy the way it is I am a little leary to purchase. Can anyone provide me with some inight as to how sales are trending for 2009 in the North East Region... Or any region for that matter?

Thanks,

Jeff

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
Jeff, I'm in the south. We're having a tough go of it so far this year. In addition to other economic forces carwash operators also heavily rely on an agreeable weather pattern. Don't pay too much, and watch out for too much competition, especially express conveyors with free vacuum canopies.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Northeast did well due to weather this past Winter, so first quarter of 2009 carwash sales were good here.

Spring has been touch and go, with alot of the pollen days and weekends lost due to rain/wind/cooler temps.

Detailing is very good, despite a poor economy, which surprises me but in a good way.:)

ted mcmeekin

Fast and Clean
Reaction score
Our heavy rains did a good job washing fresh pollen off cars--double whammy with poor wash days while somewhat mitigating normal pollen.

Ted

whalenproperties

Reaction score
Do any of you believe in/use the farmers almanac to help gauge your business based on weather? I know it's almost ext to impossible to forecast give the current state of the economy but do you foresee the business upturning if the weather steady's out?

I'm not loaded by any means but I have set my business model up so this would be along term investment. Which means for now given the current economy I just need to break even. I know that everyones cost of doing business is different, but any advise you can give me based on the above would be great.

CFCW, where about in the south are you? Would you be willing to talk offline about this? I really could use some mentoring/guidance as I want sustainable business within the industry. My email is whalenproperties@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Jeff

Etowah