What's new

The Boys Of fall

Red Baron

Reaction score
I changed my reasderboard this morning to use this take-off on the Kenny Chesney country song about football: The Boys of Fall. The readerboard says:

THE BOYS OF FALL

GO WILDCATS

Wilcats are the local high school football team. My question is, ya think I'll offend any of them by calling them boys? Here in West Texas I'd guess 90% of them will know it's a reference to a country song, and the ones that don't get it will probably have it explained to them by a teamate. Besides, if they live in West Texas and haven't heard the song, they probably don't have a car anyway.

Think I'll offend anyone?

Btw, the other side says:

IT'S OK
TO BE
ALL WASHED UP

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Jesus, Red, you think way too much. At best I'd assume that your wife is smarter than you, so I'd run any idea by her and if she agrees go for it. If you get some negative feedback then decide what to do about it.

I had a message board for years and once a week put up some funny saying, never anything to do with the wash. I had people tell me that they drove out of their way to see what I had.

Once I put up "Save a whale harpoon a fat person" I got a call from a fat guy and said that it offended him, I changed it. Another time I put " Who says a man is just a vibrator with a wallet"

Needless to say the Mormon women in town went nuts and tried to have me arrested, then went to the Chamber of C. I knew the director and she called asking me what the hell I was thinking. I asked her if her batteries had died. She said that it was funny to her too, but the Mormon women in her office were not fun. I left it the rest of the day, until my smart x-wife called and said that I was an idiot and so I changed it.

Anyway, quit worrying so much. If you put up "I love you" 50% wouldn't have a clue.

Red Baron

Reaction score
Jesus, Red, you think way too much. At best I'd assume that your wife is smarter than you...
Right on both accounts.:)

I don't trust myself. Half the time I put something up there, days later I realize it will be taken another way by someone.

Maybe a readerboard was too complicated for me. :)

Last edited:

pitzerwm

Reaction score
Red, that is easy to fix, just run everything by your wife, she saves your butt and you might get laid more often. A happy woman is a lot less expensive than an unhappy one.

captain cw

Reaction score
You sure care a lot about what other people think. You sure you're not a closet liberal? Maybe have a secret tree you hug, when nobody is looking?

GoBuckeyes

Self-Serve and Automatics
Reaction score
We once put "have better sex in a clean car" our message board. The next morning the city council president showed up in his pajamas and asked if I would change it since he had gotten over 40 phone calls complaining about it. Apparently people do read your message.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've had a few positive comments already from the new message I put up this morning:

I JUST COULDN'T
THINK OF
ANYTHING
Not so! If that were true the board would've been blank. I demand a free carwash!:D