What's new

Text Marketing within a tourist area

Good Moody

Reaction score
I'm reviewing various text message marketing concepts for my 5 bay self serve and 1 Automatic bay facility where the traffic count doubles during the summer tourist season.
Have any of you created and implemented your own concept?? Thanks, I look forward to learning what you've experienced!

OurTown

Reaction score
The first thing is to somehow get their number in the first place. Is this a vacation spot where typically people stay for a week or two or is it a place where they would stay all season? Does your business currently double during this time? I always wondered how many people wash their car during a vacation.

HeyVern

Reaction score
I would never use text marketing or do business with anyone that does, it's just annoying.

New Washdog

Reaction score
I've never used it but have you looked into using Facebook and Geo-fencing?

eckert16

Reaction score
If it's tourists in rental cars... don't waste your time....that's not a market...
...consider your own situation: have you ever paid to wash a rental car while on vacation?

If it's snow birds ... people that live in the area part time, or long term lease holders (>1 month)... that may a capturable segment if they bring their own car.
...and consider the impact on your regular customer... lots of folks may get perturbed at text marketing when they already use your wash.