What's new

Telco amplifier help

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Does anyone know where I can rent a telco eye measurement instrument?
I have a wizard and it is next to impossible to line up the eyes without using this device. Thanks

Buzzie8

Reaction score
My distributor gave me one when we first opened. You can check with your distributor they might be able to lend one or sell you one. JCC might be able to also. Or call Telco themselves. If you get in a pinch, you can use mine but you will need to arrange quick shipping back and forth.

MEP001

Reaction score
Buzzie, can you list the exact name of the unit or a catalog number? I tried looking for one on mouser.com but I don't know what to look for.

Buzzie8

Reaction score
It says TYPE TPA14A903, Voltage 24VDC, Code 0205, It also has a long cable for you to see while you are aligning eyes. I cannot find parts number on cable. My experience is that when I could not align eyes visually (not using this tool), I usually had some other problem like an eye or an amplifier. I guess what I am saying is that the tool is more useful for checking the on going strength of your eyes as opposed to alignment. Here is a link to some photos I took for you:
https://picasaweb.google.com/111571942213110108939/TelcoEyeStrengthDetector

wisheewashee

Reaction score
My distributor gave me one when we first opened. You can check with your distributor they might be able to lend one or sell you one. JCC might be able to also. Or call Telco themselves. If you get in a pinch, you can use mine but you will need to arrange quick shipping back and forth.
Thank you guys. Mike at Premier is helping me out. It is tough without this tool.