What's new

T&A air freshner sales

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
judgements aside, how well do the more risque air fresheners sell in your vendor?

i recently did a little test run and once they got noticed they sold out quickly.

thanks!:)

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
T&A and Hot Buns are my best sellers. I asked where to find these a few years ago. I got plenty of opinions on how sleazy it was to sell them (geez, they're hot babes in bikinis). About 6 months later a woman asked where to get them and everyone fell all over themselves helping her out...go figure?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I sell them all , but as in real life am bored by the same old babes. They need about 50-75 different ones. Jesse and tiger both say we need variety.

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I tried them and had to eventually get rid of them at about the price I bought them at. They are twice as much as little trees. They did not move at $2 each. Sold one a day 'till I got rid of them at $1 each.

I.B. Washincars

Car Washer Emeritus
Reaction score
I tried them and had to eventually get rid of them at about the price I bought them at. They are twice as much as little trees. They did not move at $2 each. Sold one a day 'till I got rid of them at $1 each.
I charge $1.50 each. Did you have them in a glass-front vendor? I can't imagine these things selling well if they can't be seen.

mjc3333

Reaction score
I've sold them for 13 years running. They sell out in my 51 item glass front vendor in one busy weekend. I charge $2 for each. Never had one complaint about the product or the price. I have people stop by at 4am and by 3 or 4 in a row (cameras). Most are 25-30 year old males and believe it or not females. I have them on the bottom row off to one side. All of my other tree type air fresheners are on the top 3 rows 30 different 10 on each row. There is not one type of air freshener that does not sell. Some move faster than others, but, there has never been a time when a customer came up to me and said I can't find an air freshener that I like I wish you had a better selection........

Ghetto Wash

Reaction score
I charge $1.50 each. Did you have them in a glass-front vendor? I can't imagine these things selling well if they can't be seen.
Yes, in a glass front vendor. I tried them because I was trying to replace my slowest moving item. Ended up putting the Rain-X sponges back in. Anyone need a deal on a slightly used case of 2 year old Rain-X sponges?

pitzerwm

Reaction score
This is an interesting study in marketing. Why do they sell real good in one area and not in another. Customer demographics, should be the only issue if both are using glass front, and about the same price much less less. Looking at the sales of the best item to see the difference there might be a start.

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
Maybe it's because I live too far out of the Bible belt that they sell so well.
Those Rain X sponges are a dog in the vendor in my town also though.
Last month I ordered a pallet of vending items from K-R for the free ship, and due to heavy vending this month will be out in a couple of weeks. I think I've gone thru about 200 air fresheners between the T&A and the sexy(R) rated ones at $2. This is in 5 shurvends so not at just one wash. Because of the larger packaging i use paper clips to fold back the packaging and i am also out of paperclips.