What's new

SuperSat

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Anyone using Blendco Supersat system? I have been having great luck with this system but have noticed something which could be a titration issue. I have a dark green Tahoe so it shows easily on mine. Over a period of washes it appears a "gray haze" has developed on my car. Now I do wash my car excessively to make sure equipment is working. Any thought that I may have too strong or too weak on Supersat tank?

Whale of a Wash

5 Washes 36Bays 2Vectors
Reaction score
I wonder if that is just a slight amount of dirt that is waxed on , or excessive wax- not rinsed off well enough. Does it come off easily if you use a foamy brush on it.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Could be a reaction between the wax or sealant you have on your vehicle and the chemicals. It may have to be buffed to correct it. If buffing doesn't do it then it could be the paint but I doubt it. I have never seen chemicals permanently damage paint unless the vehicle was heavily oxidized or there was something wrong with the paint job itself.

bighead

Reaction score
Its road film ... lets not overcomplicate things...

when is the last time you washed your suv by hand? Brush? Any friction?

Are you using a two step?

I think whale may on the right track too. Depending on what is going on...

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
Its road film ... lets not overcomplicate things...

If it's road film and he washes as frequently as it seems and it is not cleaning then he definitely has a chemical problem. While infrequent touch free washing may produce problems with road film, if you are washing frequently it should not show a visible film as described.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is the perfect post to add a photo to.

If you did so, we could all look at the problem and give a more qualified response to it.

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Film Issue with Blendco?

Hey folks. Sorry so long for the delayed response. So many other issues dealing with including no customers from oil spill, Cat pump going out and needing seal replacement, validators.

Here are a couple of pictures. You really don't see the film until the second photo where I ran my finger across the hood. This truck was washed about 2 hours before this photo

Titration issue? I have the Water Wizard set up so after triple shine it has one pass of HP wax, then a final pass of spot free. Is it possible I should be rinsing with HP rinse after the wax then spot free? I always thought HP rinsing after HP wax simply washed all of the wax off.

Jeff_L

Reaction score
...Is it possible I should be rinsing with HP rinse after the wax then spot free? I always thought HP rinsing after HP wax simply washed all of the wax off.
I wax then spot free rinse, I don't HP rinse after the wax.

Do you use Hi/Lo Ph? If so, check your low ph, it should cut through road film. Secondly, when was the last time you changed out your tips and what tips do you use? I have two touchless autos and have had good results with the VJet tips. They're pricey, but do cut through the grime well with good soap and pressure.

Waxman

Super Moderator
Reaction score
My IBA uses HP pass after foam polish then hp wax then spot free.

Not sure if another HP pass would help that much, but it may.

I thought Blendco would clean better than your pictures! Geez.:confused:

Jeff_L

Reaction score
Jeff,
What size nozzles do you use and where can they be purchased?

Thanks
Windtrax has them. Page 236 of their Spring 2009 catalog. I use a mixture of 1504 and 2505 I believe. I have a Hydrowash, so all my tips are on spinners so the car is blasted with wide angle and narrow angle tips repeatedly.

rph9168

Carwashguy
Reaction score
It could be road film but if the titrations are right probably not. My guess would be the sealant is either bad, applying too much or perhaps interacting with another chemical causing it to haze. The reason I asked before about the windows is that glass has a neutral charge. If there is no film on the windows that would eliminate some sealants from being the problem.

Greg Pack

Wash Weenie
Reaction score
I would wash this car again thoroughly in the SS bay and see when this film develops. Pay attention to if the film only develops after a rain or if it develops after continuous washing in dry weather.

Reds

Reaction score
I have a WW2.0. I do 2 passes hiph prsoak, hp rinse, triple foam, then hp rinse, then low pressure wax, then spot free. I have a lot of vehicles with road film and rarely see one come out with a film on it. Usually see a film if a car has not been washed regularly. Maybe hp rinse after triple foam would help in case foam and sealant mixing are causing the problem?