What's new

superior blowers

wisheewashee

Reaction score
I have one of the first Wizards where they installed Superior blowers on top. They have worked well over the years but now the motor has gone out. My question is, how to you pull the fan off the shlaft of the motor? I took off the 3 bolts (sheared off actually) and are using a 2 ton puller to try to pull it off with no success through the front of the fan housing. Is there a set screw I am missing over the key? Man this is a pain in the rear.

MEP001

Reaction score
You're supposed to run the three bolts into the threaded holes on the sheave, which pushes the fan off the bushing, then you can tap a screwdriver into the groove of the bushing and slide it right off. Using a puller just wedges it on tighter. Make sure you use grade 8 bolts or you'll just end up flattening the threaded ends and end up with more work to do.

If you sheared off all the bolts you can have a machine shop drill and tap new holes, which will be easier than trying to extract the hardened steel ones that sheared off.

wisheewashee

Reaction score
I am a little lost so please bear with me. The three bolts were already tightened down. I tried to take them off and they sheared off. Is that were you are indicating to run three bolts? I see no other holes except 3 very small holes which look like pin holes. I see a slice in th ebushing and have tried to use a screwdriver to wedge the bushing loose but there is no movement in any direction

Randy

Reaction score
Can you post some pictures of the fan bushing?

MEP001

Reaction score
There should be three holes for the bolts to pass through the bushing and tighten into the fan, and three more threaded holes between them which you would tighten the bolts back into. When you tighten them against the fan it pushes it off the bushing. Since they're sheared off you can just go get more and thread them into the holes as I described. Keep going around and tightening them evenly, saturte everything with penetrating oil and use a hammer and drift to pound gently on the fan if you have to.

wisheewashee

Reaction score
Here are a couple of pictures. The small holes look larger than they are. I can't tell if they are threaded. You can see where the 3 bolts sheared off

MEP001

Reaction score
I can tell in your photos that the smaller holes are threaded. Go get some grade 8 bolts and a "plug" tap to match so you can clean the rust out of the holes and do what I've suggested above.